Need Brady Bill Help!

B

Bruzilla

Okay... we have some confusion down South that maybe you MD-ers can resolve. Are the 1994 National Firearms Act (which banned assualt weapons and high-cap magazines) and the 1993 Brady Bill (which required the witing periods for handgun purchases) the same thing? And is the Brady Bill still in effect?

It was my belief that they were not the same as the Brady Bill expired back in about 1998 or 1999, and had to be renewed. The NFA expired this last Monday.

Help me oh great Legal Eagles!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
The Brady Bill HR 1025 became law as PL103-159 had an original 60 month limit and I believe it was renewed. The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, PL103-322 (Assault Weapons Ban) is the one that just expired.

dustin

UAIOE
Bruzilla said:
Thank you Sir!

Gun show at Shrine Auditorium? :lol:

IF you get a chance, head over to Orange Park and hit up BW3's! (Buffalo Wild Wings)

If you feel like going out to a club. Listen to FM 92.7, 93.3, 95.1, 102.7 and i think 98.6? ...they always have airtime about what club is got what going on...

IF you havent looked in the phone book yet. There is a Hooters in orange park on wells road, one in dowtown jax at the jax landing, one out on beach blvd, and one on san jose blvd....i recommend going to the one downtown if you can cause the riverview is much better...

Jax Raceways near the airport almost always has some kind of racing going on the weekends...

Take a drive down to St. Augustine on I-95..just before you get there there will be a huge strip with factory outlets on the right. if you go into st augustine check out the old fort.

Shoot this time of year the beach is still plenty warm to go to as well!