Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yeti coolers - are they really worth it?

Blog Entries

Yeti coolers - are they really worth it?

Tell the truth!

My Coleman said it would keep ice for 4 days - this is a lie. Maybe two days if it's filled completely with ice.

If a Yeti cooler would make us happier, we'd spend the money. But I don't want to pay that fortune for something that's no better than what we have.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

One of my co-workers swears by them. I have no personal experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

There are knock offs available. like yeti drinkware. RTIC comes to mind. Their stuff is all made in the same factory in China. I have an RTIC lunchbox it does the job.
    No more splitting Uranium for fun and profit, retirement is cool so far....

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Tell the truth!

My Coleman said it would keep ice for 4 days - this is a lie. Maybe two days if it's filled completely with ice.

If a Yeti cooler would make us happier, we'd spend the money. But I don't want to pay that fortune for something that's no better than what we have.
    They are as great as they are made out be. As you know they are very expensive and ice is cheap.
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas.....

Beers at Krakken bar with Bird Dog. For all of you who wondered, he's normal. :jet:

I use the stryrofoam coolers from Omaha Steaks and put a reflective lined shopping bag (like for ice cream) in it. Frozen stuff stays frozen for 2 days with no ice.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Yeti is Good and so is RTIC for half the cost. I don't believe RTIC is available in stores. Have to order on their website

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Dog View Post
    They are as great as they are made out be. As you know they are very expensive and ice is cheap.
    Thank you for that reminder. That's the same way we rationalized not buying an ice maker - it is expensive and ice is cheap.

Sorry, Yeti. No $200 for you.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

I would say it depends on how long you two plan on traveling by camping / rving.
    My brother swears by yeti and I have a large Cabela's Polar Cap? Cooler, mine was about a 100 less than the same size as a yeti.
    I use it on the sailboat and with a few cases of beer and soda once cooled down will easily last for 3-4-5 days depending on how many folks are in and out of the cooler.
    Getting ice is a pain in the ass for the most part on land or the water, if it doubles my time in not buying ice it's a win for me.
    A good closed cell foam filled cooler is worth every penny. IMHO
    No one cares.

Thank you for that reminder. That's the same way we rationalized not buying an ice maker - it is expensive and ice is cheap.

Sorry, Yeti. No $200 for you.
    $200?!?! HA! What were you going to buy, a lunchbox?

All kidding aside, a regular size cooler is like $350. The big ones are closer to $700.
    I have a yeti 30oz tumbler that I use for coffee and when i fill it up at 0445 it will still burn you at 0730. Brother in law has the cooler bag and it kept ice for 4 days in the hot sun.

If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Members who have read this thread: 1