Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Activated charcoal toothpaste!

Activated charcoal toothpaste!

For starters I don’t know where this thread should go, the only one that looked right was “the ladies room” but I’m a dude so....here we are.

Anyway, I drink a metric sh*t-ton of coffee daily. I’ve also always had pearly white teeth due to my mother not having dental insurance growing up and hence, being a nazi about our oral care. I’ve noticed recently though that my teeth aren’t quite as white as they used to be, I assume due to the excessive amount of black coffee that I drink. I tried the white strips but they just left my teeth super sensitive and it would be painful when I tried to drink said coffee. I’m going on a 10 year coffee addiction so giving it up isn’t an option. Stumbled upon the activated charcoal toothpaste on Amazon and thought what could it hurt? Been using it on and off for a few weeks now and holy S it actually works! I started noticing a difference after about 3 weeks of 3x a week use.

It’s a god damn mess to use though. So much so that I’ve started to use it in the shower. If you open your mouth while brushing you’ll shoot pitch black spit everywhere. Anyway, just thought it was cool that a product actually works as intended, and no sensitivity either. And the real kicker is that it was only $8.

Quote Originally Posted by MR47930 View Post
    Itís a god damn mess to use though. So much so that Iíve started to use it in the shower. If you open your mouth while brushing youíll shoot pitch black spit everywhere.

Here, try this - it works. (My dental hygienist even asked me if I was whitening my teefers.)

https://smile.amazon.com/Colgate-Opt...te+optic+white

Quote Originally Posted by Bann View Post

Here, try this - it works. (My dental hygienist even asked me if I was whitening my teefers.)

https://smile.amazon.com/Colgate-Opt...te+optic+white
    I’ll give it a shot. I should say that the charcoal doesn’t taste bad, doesn’t taste like anything at all. It’s just pitch black, like ink and if you open your mouth while brushing it’ll splatter and you’ll have black spots everywhere.

I’ll give it a shot. I should say that the charcoal doesn’t taste bad, doesn’t taste like anything at all. It’s just pitch black, like ink and if you open your mouth while brushing it’ll splatter and you’ll have black spots everywhere.

Baking Soda is great for whitening teeth. Wet the toothbrush, and dip in a little bit of the soda, and your teeth are whiter. It's very cheap too.
    For starters I don’t know where this thread should go, the only one that looked right was “the ladies room” but I’m a dude so....here we are.

Anyway, I drink a metric sh*t-ton of coffee daily. I’ve also always had pearly white teeth due to my mother not having dental insurance growing up and hence, being a nazi about our oral care. I’ve noticed recently though that my teeth aren’t quite as white as they used to be, I assume due to the excessive amount of black coffee that I drink. I tried the white strips but they just left my teeth super sensitive and it would be painful when I tried to drink said coffee. I’m going on a 10 year coffee addiction so giving it up isn’t an option. Stumbled upon the activated charcoal toothpaste on Amazon and thought what could it hurt? Been using it on and off for a few weeks now and holy S it actually works! I started noticing a difference after about 3 weeks of 3x a week use.

It’s a god damn mess to use though. So much so that I’ve started to use it in the shower. If you open your mouth while brushing you’ll shoot pitch black spit everywhere. Anyway, just thought it was cool that a product actually works as intended, and no sensitivity either. And the real kicker is that it was only $8.
    You have become responsible forever, for what you have tamed. "Antoine de Saint Exupery"

For starters I donít know where this thread should go, the only one that looked right was ďthe ladies roomĒ but Iím a dude so....here we are.

Anyway, I drink a metric sh*t-ton of coffee daily. Iíve also always had pearly white teeth due to my mother not having dental insurance growing up and hence, being a nazi about our oral care. Iíve noticed recently though that my teeth arenít quite as white as they used to be, I assume due to the excessive amount of black coffee that I drink. I tried the white strips but they just left my teeth super sensitive and it would be painful when I tried to drink said coffee. Iím going on a 10 year coffee addiction so giving it up isnít an option. Stumbled upon the activated charcoal toothpaste on Amazon and thought what could it hurt? Been using it on and off for a few weeks now and holy S it actually works! I started noticing a difference after about 3 weeks of 3x a week use.

Itís a god damn mess to use though. So much so that Iíve started to use it in the shower. If you open your mouth while brushing youíll shoot pitch black spit everywhere. Anyway, just thought it was cool that a product actually works as intended, and no sensitivity either. And the real kicker is that it was only $8.
    Can you post the link to the charcoal toothpaste? I did a search and couldn't find it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Baking Soda is great for whitening teeth. Wet the toothbrush, and dip in a little bit of the soda, and your teeth are whiter. It's very cheap too.
    This ^^ Works like a charm.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Isn't activated charcoal some pretty abrasive stuff? Are you doing more harm than good?

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    This ^^ Works like a charm.
    Works great on bee/wasp stings too. Make a paste and dab it on.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken King View Post
    Works great on bee/wasp stings too. Make a paste and dab it on.
    And if your fingernails are yellowed from wearing nail polish all the time, baking soda will straighten them back up.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Members who have read this thread: 77