Activated charcoal toothpaste!

MR47930

For starters I don’t know where this thread should go, the only one that looked right was “the ladies room” but I’m a dude so....here we are.

Anyway, I drink a metric sh*t-ton of coffee daily. I’ve also always had pearly white teeth due to my mother not having dental insurance growing up and hence, being a nazi about our oral care. I’ve noticed recently though that my teeth aren’t quite as white as they used to be, I assume due to the excessive amount of black coffee that I drink. I tried the white strips but they just left my teeth super sensitive and it would be painful when I tried to drink said coffee. I’m going on a 10 year coffee addiction so giving it up isn’t an option. Stumbled upon the activated charcoal toothpaste on Amazon and thought what could it hurt? Been using it on and off for a few weeks now and holy S it actually works! I started noticing a difference after about 3 weeks of 3x a week use.

It’s a god damn mess to use though. So much so that I’ve started to use it in the shower. If you open your mouth while brushing you’ll shoot pitch black spit everywhere. Anyway, just thought it was cool that a product actually works as intended, and no sensitivity either. And the real kicker is that it was only $8.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I’ll give it a shot. I should say that the charcoal doesn’t taste bad, doesn’t taste like anything at all. It’s just pitch black, like ink and if you open your mouth while brushing it’ll splatter and you’ll have black spots everywhere.

:jameo:

Roman

Baking Soda is great for whitening teeth. Wet the toothbrush, and dip in a little bit of the soda, and your teeth are whiter. It's very cheap too.
For starters I don’t know where this thread should go, the only one that looked right was “the ladies room” but I’m a dude so....here we are.

Anyway, I drink a metric sh*t-ton of coffee daily. I’ve also always had pearly white teeth due to my mother not having dental insurance growing up and hence, being a nazi about our oral care. I’ve noticed recently though that my teeth aren’t quite as white as they used to be, I assume due to the excessive amount of black coffee that I drink. I tried the white strips but they just left my teeth super sensitive and it would be painful when I tried to drink said coffee. I’m going on a 10 year coffee addiction so giving it up isn’t an option. Stumbled upon the activated charcoal toothpaste on Amazon and thought what could it hurt? Been using it on and off for a few weeks now and holy S it actually works! I started noticing a difference after about 3 weeks of 3x a week use.

It’s a god damn mess to use though. So much so that I’ve started to use it in the shower. If you open your mouth while brushing you’ll shoot pitch black spit everywhere. Anyway, just thought it was cool that a product actually works as intended, and no sensitivity either. And the real kicker is that it was only $8.

Ginger0314

Can you post the link to the charcoal toothpaste? I did a search and couldn't find it.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Isn't activated charcoal some pretty abrasive stuff? Are you doing more harm than good?

RodRugg

This is true and really works! My grandma used to scrub her teeth with charcoal squares from the grill. It was really messy but she did it in the backyard with the garden hose or just looking up in the sky if it was raining hard. She did this for a long time and said she liked the taste of the meat grease. Anyways, her dentist said she had the shiniest teeth of anybody that had more than 15 teeth to take care of. Then my uncle Stanley started buying that charcoal that had the lighter fluid already in it and she ended up in the hospital twice one summer. After that my grandma won one of them gas grills at Bingo and them fake charcoals really messed her teeth up good. When the dentist found out what she was doing he said never for any reason should you rub your teeth with anything but a brush. He even said my grandma shouldn't do that and he gave her for free a machine that shoots water at her teeth real fast. My grandma puts vinegar and lemon juice and a little bit of bleach in it and it gets her teeth really white. That dentist says she is the "King of Teeth" but I don't think he knows what she's doing with that machine.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
This is true and really works! My grandma used to scrub her teeth with charcoal squares from the grill. It was really messy but she did it in the backyard with the garden hose or just looking up in the sky if it was raining hard. She did this for a long time and said she liked the taste of the meat grease. Anyways, her dentist said she had the shiniest teeth of anybody that had more than 15 teeth to take care of. Then my uncle Stanley started buying that charcoal that had the lighter fluid already in it and she ended up in the hospital twice one summer. After that my grandma won one of them gas grills at Bingo and them fake charcoals really messed her teeth up good. When the dentist found out what she was doing he said never for any reason should you rub your teeth with anything but a brush. He even said my grandma shouldn't do that and he gave her for free a machine that shoots water at her teeth real fast. My grandma puts vinegar and lemon juice and a little bit of bleach in it and it gets her teeth really white. That dentist says she is the "King of Teeth" but I don't think he knows what she's doing with that machine.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Welcome back RR! :howdy:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

OMG! How I have missed you! :roflmao:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I use a 50/50 mix of hydrogen peroxide/water. Rinse with it for about 30 seconds, then brush with baking soda. I stopped using toothpaste 6-8 months ago when I went fluoride free, and my teeth haven't been this white since I had them professionally whitened. They also always have that just-cleaned smooth feel without going to the dentist.

Another good use for baking soda and hydrogen peroxide-for gray hair, make a paste, slather on hair, leave for 20-30 minutes, wash as usual. Keeps the grays from getting dull or yellow.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Well look what the cat drug in. :howdy: