Offshore Wind 2018

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Attending the Offshore Wind 2018 conference in Boston. Over 1000 attendees..there were 500 last year and maybe 150 the first year. The industry is really taking off in the US. Lots of big money sources here looking for ways to invest it in offshore wind projects.

Bonehead

Every time I have flown over a wind farm it seemed like it had a better than 50 % mortality rate...but these were inland.

hitchicken

Attending the Offshore Wind 2018 conference in Boston. Over 1000 attendees..there were 500 last year and maybe 150 the first year. The industry is really taking off in the US. Lots of big money sources here looking for ways to invest it in offshore wind projects.

Please lighten up on your obvious 'obsessive' support of offshore wind farms. Shirley (sic) you know that wind generators will slow the rotation of the earth until it stops. Those in shadow will freeze to death and those facing the sun will spontaneously combust.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Please lighten up on your obvious 'obsessive' support of offshore wind farms. Shirley (sic) you know that wind generators will slow the rotation of the earth until it stops. Those in shadow will freeze to death and those facing the sun will spontaneously combust.

True. But by the time those things come to pass, I will have expired from the excesses I will have immensely enjoyed whilst spending all the money made building out those large farms of death machines.

True. But by the time those things come to pass, I will have expired from the excesses I will have immensely enjoyed whilst spending all the money made building out those large farms of death machines.

I'm thinking we can double our money. If we tie a rope and chair swing to the blade ends, it could be like a sideways tilt-o-wheel. Lots of money to be made on amusement rides.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I'm thinking we can double our money. If we tie a rope and chair swing to the blade ends, it could be like a sideways tilt-o-wheel. Lots of money to be made on amusement rides.

And you know who to call if any ropes get wrapped around the shaft. :whistle:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

....and you can shoo the birds away while yer at it.

limblips

PREMO Member
With all the business savvy people on here I can't believe you all have missed the most obvious financial exploitation of wind farms. Golf courses! Almost every miniature golf course has a windmill so they must be financially viable. Same idea, just on a larger scale. I haven't worked out the issues with offshore farms but I am working on it.