Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offshore Wind 2018

Offshore Wind 2018

Attending the Offshore Wind 2018 conference in Boston. Over 1000 attendees..there were 500 last year and maybe 150 the first year. The industry is really taking off in the US. Lots of big money sources here looking for ways to invest it in offshore wind projects.
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

Every time I have flown over a wind farm it seemed like it had a better than 50 % mortality rate...but these were inland.
    No more splitting Uranium for fun and profit, retirement is cool so far....

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Attending the Offshore Wind 2018 conference in Boston. Over 1000 attendees..there were 500 last year and maybe 150 the first year. The industry is really taking off in the US. Lots of big money sources here looking for ways to invest it in offshore wind projects.
    Please lighten up on your obvious 'obsessive' support of offshore wind farms. Shirley (sic) you know that wind generators will slow the rotation of the earth until it stops. Those in shadow will freeze to death and those facing the sun will spontaneously combust.

Quote Originally Posted by hitchicken View Post
    Please lighten up on your obvious 'obsessive' support of offshore wind farms. Shirley (sic) you know that wind generators will slow the rotation of the earth until it stops. Those in shadow will freeze to death and those facing the sun will spontaneously combust.
    True. But by the time those things come to pass, I will have expired from the excesses I will have immensely enjoyed whilst spending all the money made building out those large farms of death machines.

True. But by the time those things come to pass, I will have expired from the excesses I will have immensely enjoyed whilst spending all the money made building out those large farms of death machines.
    I'm thinking we can double our money. If we tie a rope and chair swing to the blade ends, it could be like a sideways tilt-o-wheel. Lots of money to be made on amusement rides.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    I'm thinking we can double our money. If we tie a rope and chair swing to the blade ends, it could be like a sideways tilt-o-wheel. Lots of money to be made on amusement rides.
    And you know who to call if any ropes get wrapped around the shaft.

The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by Ken King View Post
    And you know who to call if any ropes get wrapped around the shaft.
    He carries Carradine lube with him..

a friend told me..

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    ....and you can shoo the birds away while yer at it.

....and you can shoo the birds away while yer at it.
    Nah... make a 'ring toss' kind of game out of it. Swat the birds as you swing by. Bigger birds get bigger prizes.
    The Brain

Members who have read this thread: 30