Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Unifying world opinion...

  1. #1

    Unifying world opinion...

    ...against the US. This is what our President is accomplishing in spades. I see none of the ignorati are posting about the G7 meetings. Why would that be? Maybe that is because even the dailycaller, Briebart and Zerohedge can't spin our incompetent President's comments and attitudes towards our allies into a positive propaganda piece. Nor can they spin our incompetent President's lunatic comments about re-admitting Russia into the G7 as a positive propaganda piece. I guess they also can't put a positive propagandist's spin on the World's Greatest Self Proclaimed Negotiator's arriving late and leaving early to a negotiation meeting.

    [QUOTE]Divisions between Mr Trump and the other six leaders go way beyond trade - they include climate change, relations with Iran and the Israel-Palestinian conflict.

    German Chancellor Angela Merkel is one of those arguing it might be better to set out those differences clearly rather than give a false impression of unity. It's more honest, she said, than pretending everything's OK.

    Others still believe some sort of consensus can be found, and Mr Trump says he's hopeful of progress. But there's no doubt about Mr Trump's isolation.[/QUOTE]

    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44423072

    Divisions between Donald Trump and other leaders of G7 nations were laid bare on the first day of their summit.

    The US leader made a surprise call for Russia to be readmitted to the group of top industrialised nations after its expulsion for annexing Crimea.

    But German Chancellor Angela Merkel said EU members attending the summit in Canada were all against the idea.

    Frictions over trade tariffs recently imposed by the Trump administration continued during Friday's session.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44409775

    Trump is abdicating the US's role as a world leader. He is handing the role this country has held and fought to hold since 1941 to the Chinese the French and the Germans. Christ he's even turned the Prime Minister of Canada into a world leader.

    MAGA! MAGA! MAGA!

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    29,450
    [QUOTE=transporter;5886344]...against the US. This is what our President is accomplishing in spades. I see none of the ignorati are posting about the G7 meetings. Why would that be? Maybe that is because even the dailycaller, Briebart and Zerohedge can't spin our incompetent President's comments and attitudes towards our allies into a positive propaganda piece. Nor can they spin our incompetent President's lunatic comments about re-admitting Russia into the G7 as a positive propaganda piece. I guess they also can't put a positive propagandist's spin on the World's Greatest Self Proclaimed Negotiator's arriving late and leaving early to a negotiation meeting.

    Divisions between Mr Trump and the other six leaders go way beyond trade - they include climate change, relations with Iran and the Israel-Palestinian conflict.

    German Chancellor Angela Merkel is one of those arguing it might be better to set out those differences clearly rather than give a false impression of unity. It's more honest, she said, than pretending everything's OK.

    Others still believe some sort of consensus can be found, and Mr Trump says he's hopeful of progress. But there's no doubt about Mr Trump's isolation.[/QUOTE]

    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44423072



    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44409775

    Trump is abdicating the US's role as a world leader. He is handing the role this country has held and fought to hold since 1941 to the Chinese the French and the Germans. Christ he's even turned the Prime Minister of Canada into a world leader.

    MAGA! MAGA! MAGA!
    I don't see how he is abdicating the US role of leadership.
    Of course the others are complaining. They have had us by the nuts for years and it's over, of course they are unhappy.

    President Trump left the talks to go to try to stop N. Korea from making nukes.
    Something that is a lot more important than listening to this group crying about Global warming that doesn't exist,Veganism,empowering women LOL, sending more money to sh1thole countries,and taking over the planet's oceans.

    Of course they are crying because Trump wants tariffs here the same as they charge tariffs there.Fair tariffs.
    He is leading. Not abdicating.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    19,790
    Does somebody need a hug? I think they do; you need a hug.
    “I think it's awesome that the progs are losing their hivemind over the farts of a teenager.” - Vrai

  4. #4
    Imagine No Democrats Kyle's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    15,685
    Quote Originally Posted by BOP View Post
    Does somebody need a hug? I think they do; you need a hug.
    He needs an appointment at the Kevorkian Clinic.
    ___________________________________________________________
    "If You Don’t Read the Newspaper You Are Uninformed, If You Do Read the Newspaper You Are Misinformed." - Mark Twain

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    19,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    He needs an appointment at the Kevorkian Clinic.
    Given some of Tranny's mental gymnastics, it almost seems as though he/she is attempting self-harm.
    “I think it's awesome that the progs are losing their hivemind over the farts of a teenager.” - Vrai

  6. #6
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    42,424
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    ... against the US.

    This is what our President is accomplishing in spades. I see none of the ignorati are posting about the G7 meetings.
    Why would that be?
    Maybe that is because even the dailycaller, Briebart and Zerohedge can't spin our incompetent President's comments and attitudes towards our allies into a positive propaganda piece.



    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Every post you make is against anyone or any group that doesn't conform to your propagandist viewpoints.
    You Were Saying .... You Miserable Git







    Trump isn't Kowtowing to EU Leaders


    "The Old Order Is Over": Trump To "Confront" G-7 As Macron Plans On "Standing Up" To US President

    Update:

    In comments made alongside Canada PM Justin Trudeau in Ottawa, French President Emmanuel Macron said that no head of state is "eternal” and that he stands ready to work with the six other Group of Seven members if U.S. wants to stand alone.

    "You say President Trump doesn’t care. Maybe. But none of us are eternal and our countries, the commitments taken, go beyond us. None of us who have been elected by the people can say ‘all prior commitments disappear.’ It’s just not true, there is a continuity in state affairs at the heart of international laws. Sometimes we’ve inherited some commitments that weren’t core to our beliefs, but we stuck to them, because that is how it works for nations. And that will be the case for the United States - like for every great democracy", Macron said quoted by Bloomberg.

    Macron also said he doesn’t exclude a G-6+1 situation at the upcoming G-7 meeting: "Maybe the U.S. President doesn’t care to be isolated but we don’t care being with the six together,” Macron says, adding they represent values, a “global force” and an economic market

    The French president then launched a thinly veiled threat: "the combination of the six markets of the G-7 group is bigger than the U.S. market" and cautioned Trump that "there is no global hegemony if we can organize" adding he will “fight against hegemony”

    * * *

    Ahead of what is shaping up as the most confrontational G-7 meeting in history (the first meeting took place in 1975), we reported that Germany chancellor Angela Merkel already was setting the ground for the Toronto showdown among the world's top political leaders - where Trump will also be present - vowing to challenge Donald Trump on virtually every issue, from trade to climate, and warning that the lack of room for compromise means leaders may fail to agree on a final statement, an unprecedented event at a summit of the world's 7 most advanced nations.

    Speaking before German lawmakers on Wednesday, two days before the G-7 summit starts in Canada, Merkel said that Trump’s "America First" doctrine shows that “we have a serious problem with multilateral agreements." She added that failure to reach common ground could lead to the highly unusual step of host Canada issuing a concluding statement not agreed by all participants, according to Bloomberg.

    Merkel said she plans to speak to Trump specifically about trade at the G-7. “There will be some controversial discussions” at the gathering, she told lawmakers. Germany will make sure that what was agreed on trade and climate at the last G-7 summit and at a G-20 meeting will be maintained in joint statements from the two-day meeting in Quebec "if any are agreed."

    Commenting on Merkel's warning yesterday, we said that "we doubt Trump will be too "burned" by that statement."

    And according to overnight newsflow, that is indeed the case and that if Merkel was hoping to "soften" Trump up by warning about the upcoming showdown between the US and the rest of the world, she made a mistake, because wires report that President Trump is said to be planning on adopting a confrontational tone at G7 in response to the other 6 nations collectively pressuring him regarding tariffs.

    Which, of course, is hardly a major discover: after all "adopting a confrontational tone" is what Trump does, period. However, now that it has been formalized, this may actually be a G-7 meeting - traditionally boring and slow-moving - worth watching closely, if only for how the world's 6 most advanced nations + America will try to contain the fall out from what will likely be the first documented failure of globalization.
    Last edited by GURPS; 06-09-2018 at 04:02 PM.
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

    “Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    He needs an appointment at the Kevorkian Clinic.
    Indeed she does...
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    .

    MAGA! MAGA! MAGA!
    Sure is gratifyting to see how you've come around.
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

  9. #9
    I always see some of you proclaim that the only reason you taunt and troll transporter is because "you like to treat transporter like he treats you."

    Funny but, I don't see anywhere in this thread where transporter has treated anyone specifically with disrespect (except Trump) unless you consider yourselves "ignorati."

    On top of that, I see Hijinx and GURPS at least replied with an opinion on the subject. Not hit-n-run trolling.

    Another example of childishness and pointed out for display.
    I am not a PREMO member and therefore, am not afforded the protections of such.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    19,790
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleGround View Post
    I always see some of you proclaim that the only reason you taunt and troll transporter is because "you like to treat transporter like he treats you."

    Funny but, I don't see anywhere in this thread where transporter has treated anyone specifically with disrespect (except Trump) unless you consider yourselves "ignorati."

    On top of that, I see Hijinx and GURPS at least replied with an opinion on the subject. Not hit-n-run trolling.

    Another example of childishness and pointed out for display.
    How about you stop butt-snorkling Tranny long enough to observe the venom and vitriol she spews around here. Careful you don't get any in your eyes.

Members who have read this thread: 48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |