The New Bigotry

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You will probably not have heard of Russell Berger. He is a orthodox believing Christian, pastor, and, until last week, was the Chief Knowledge Officer of CrossFit. A local CrossFit gym (they call them boxes) did not want to have a gay pride event and gay rights activists subsequently began harassing the owner of the gym. Berger, on his personal Twitter feed, tweeted, "As someone who personally believes celebrating 'pride' is a sin, I'd like to personally encourage #CrossFitInfiltrate for standing by their convictions and refusing to host an @indypride workout."

He continued, "The intolerance of the LGBTQ ideology toward any alternative views is mind-blowing. The tactics of some in the LGBTQ movement toward dissent is an existential threat to freedom of expression. The lack of tolerance for disagreement, which has been replaced with bullying Twitter mobs promising 'consequences', should be a concern regardless of your political stance." The LGBTQ community then proved him exactly right and demanded his termination. CrossFit bowed to the mob and terminated Berger for daring to express his personal views on his personal Twitter presence.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/31662/erickson-new-bigotry-erick-erickson

Hijinx

You will probably not have heard of Russell Berger. He is a orthodox believing Christian, pastor, and, until last week, was the Chief Knowledge Officer of CrossFit. A local CrossFit gym (they call them boxes) did not want to have a gay pride event and gay rights activists subsequently began harassing the owner of the gym. Berger, on his personal Twitter feed, tweeted, "As someone who personally believes celebrating 'pride' is a sin, I'd like to personally encourage #CrossFitInfiltrate for standing by their convictions and refusing to host an @indypride workout."

He continued, "The intolerance of the LGBTQ ideology toward any alternative views is mind-blowing. The tactics of some in the LGBTQ movement toward dissent is an existential threat to freedom of expression. The lack of tolerance for disagreement, which has been replaced with bullying Twitter mobs promising 'consequences', should be a concern regardless of your political stance." The LGBTQ community then proved him exactly right and demanded his termination. CrossFit bowed to the mob and terminated Berger for daring to express his personal views on his personal Twitter presence.

The Homo's have a lot of political clout, and they don't like to go suck it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When the CEO of Camping World declared that we who voted for Donald Trump shouldn't darken his corporate door, much of the the camping community said, "No prob, chief," and increased the revenue of thousands of small independent camping stores across America. Conservatives hoorayed and supported the mini boycott.

This Berger person has declared his religious views to be more important than his business function, and that is certainly his right. Now he has to suffer the consequences of that.

It was foolish of that local gym owner to offend a large portion of his customer base, but that is certainly his right. Just as it's the right of the people he's offended to protest it.

Now conservatives want to bitch and moan about the exact same thing they did with Camping World. Tap tap...is this thing on?

PsyOps

Pixelated
When the CEO of Camping World declared that we who voted for Donald Trump shouldn't darken his corporate door, much of the the camping community said, "No prob, chief," and increased the revenue of thousands of small independent camping stores across America. Conservatives hoorayed and supported the mini boycott.

This Berger person has declared his religious views to be more important than his business function, and that is certainly his right. Now he has to suffer the consequences of that.

It was foolish of that local gym owner to offend a large portion of his customer base, but that is certainly his right. Just as it's the right of the people he's offended to protest it.

Now conservatives want to bitch and moan about the exact same thing they did with Camping World. Tap tap...is this thing on?

While I agree with your post, I don't see Berger as bitching and moaning. He's defending his position, which you agreed is his right. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
While I agree with your post, I don't see Berger as bitching and moaning. He's defending his position, which you agreed is his right. :shrug:

The bitching and moaning I was referring to was the Daily Wire reporting.

Hijinx

The bitching and moaning I was referring to was the Daily Wire reporting.

The LGBTQ assembly is a bit like David Hogg.
They got some publicity, and they are on the media hit parade.

But are they really doing themselves any good off by pissing people off and touting their agenda above all others?
Personally I am sick of both.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Think about the clientele of those gyms. I'll bet at least half of his customers are gay and the other half are young liberals.

good point ..... getting all pissy because a business doesn't want to spend money on 'your' lifestyle event day

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
good point ..... getting all pissy because a business doesn't want to spend money on 'your' lifestyle event day

I think of it more as a Customer Appreciation Day, but you can certainly hold your line if you want to.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I think of it more as a Customer Appreciation Day, but you can certainly hold your line if you want to.

this was not that ..... gays were specifically asking for some sort of 'Pride' event

but yeah, it might have drummed up that much more business

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

So he knew there were going to be consequences and he did it anyways? Am I supposed to feel sorry for him getting canned?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I equate this to "bake me a cake, or else". He has gay customers, he just chose not to celebrate "pride", of any nature. Once again, this is nothing more than shoving their gaydom in someone else's face.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I equate this to "bake me a cake, or else". He has gay customers, he just chose not to celebrate "pride", of any nature. Once again, this is nothing more than shoving their gaydom in someone else's face.

Really he could have said and done nothing, not every request has to have a response.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Really he could have said and done nothing, not every request has to have a response.

I didn't read the linked article, but what I heard on the news was that someone had scheduled a function, and it was canceled. So, yeah, I guess somebody felt compelled to explain the cancellation.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I didn't read the linked article, but what I heard on the news was that someone had scheduled a function, and it was canceled. So, yeah, I guess somebody felt compelled to explain the cancellation.

I'm just going with post#1 paragraph #1

Don't respond, don't interact, just ignore. Anything else is just ammo for the SJ Bolsheviks.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I'm just going with post#1 paragraph #1

Don't respond, don't interact, just ignore. Anything else is just ammo for the SJ Bolsheviks.

Silence is consent. You can't go through life fearing that voicing an opinion is going to land you in hot water. That's not the way it's supposed to work, and if we keep doing it, it will only get worse.

Anyway, seems like the guy took some undeserved heat.

Berger’s comments were in response to an announcement from CrossFit Infiltrate in Indianapolis that gym ownership had canceled an event coinciding with Indy Pride.

I knew there was an event that had been canceled, but they're kind of vague about that. They're also vague about the gym closing it's doors for good.

https://www.theroot.com/from-idgaf-to-yall-hiring-crossfit-exec-fired-for-hom-1826653963

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Last week, now former executive for trendy fitness regimen Crossfit was canned and publicly shamed for tweeting his opinion about LGBT "pride" celebrations, which he called sinful. After applauding a Crossfit gym for canceling a pride work out from his personal Twitter account, Russell Berger was fired and slammed as a "zealot" in need of "a big dose of 'shut the #### up'" from CrossFit founder and CEO Greg Glassman.

"As someone who personally believes celebrating ‘pride’ is a sin, I’d like to personally encourage #CrossFitInfiltrate for standing by their convictions and refusing to host an @indypride workout," wrote Berger. For that, he lost his job.

Refusing to buckle under the pressure, Berger is speaking out over his termination and the intolerance showed by those at the top who ironically claim to promote tolerance.

"I think it’s a really sobering and a disheartening example of where we are as a culture," said Berger in an interview with Apologia Studios Thursday.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/3170...ng-lgbt-pride-sin-breaks-amanda-prestigiacomo