Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: My pet (ha) peeve

  1. #1
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    127,376
    Blog Entries
    2

    My pet (ha) peeve

    People, pick up your dog's crap!!!

    It takes 10 seconds to do. WTH is wrong with people that they leave dog #### laying around where children are playing??? Most of our campgrounds have signs all over the place and bag stations for those idiot owners who are too lazy and stupid to carry their own, and STILL these aholes won't pick up the ####. There's no excuse to not clean up after your dog, other than that you're a freaking jerk who needs to be punched in the throat.

    ARRRGGGHHHH!!! It makes me crazy when people are like this, and there's always one. Everyone else is picking up after their dog, trying to help keep the campground nice for others and not ruin some Mom's day by having to clean dog #### off her kid's shoes, and then there's that one lazy, inconsiderate ahole.

    What makes people be like this????

    Last edited by vraiblonde; 06-10-2018 at 09:31 AM.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  2. #2
    And a Happy Sunday Morning to you too, Sunshine!
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    People, pick up your dog's crap!!!

    It takes 10 seconds to do. WTH is wrong with people that they leave dog #### laying around where children are playing??? Most of our campgrounds have signs all over the place and bag stations for those idiot owners who are too lazy and stupid to carry their own, and STILL these aholes won't pick up the ####. There's no excuse to not clean up after your dog, other than that you're a freaking jerk who needs to be punched in the throat.

    ARRRGGGHHHH!!! It makes me crazy when people are like this, and there's always one. Everyone else is picking up after their dog, trying to help keep the campground nice for others and ruin some Mom's day by having to clean dog #### off her kid's shoes, and then there's that one lazy, inconsiderate ahole.

    What makes people be like this????

    Many people that walk their dogs on the Solomons board walk have been complaining about this lately. There are bags available and trash cans as well.

    Reasons? Rude? Ignorant? Don't give a $hit about anyone but themselves? Take your pick!
    "It's nice to be important but it's also important to be nice."

  4. #4
    Registered User ginwoman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2006
    Location
    St. Mary's Co.
    Posts
    3,882
    Quote Originally Posted by frequentflier View Post
    Many people that walk their dogs on the Solomons board walk have been complaining about this lately. There are bags available and trash cans as well.

    Reasons? Rude? Ignorant? Don't give a $hit about anyone but themselves? Take your pick!
    If you see it happening, put a big ol' smile on yo face and take them a bag saying "oh, I see you must have forgotten your poop bag, here.... you can use this" or something along these lines. My hubby did this a few years ago at Greys Point to a lady who was allowing her dog to poo near the horseshoe pits where there was going to be a tournament in a few hours. Big NONO for my hubby. He took her a bag and explained to her there would be people out there soon playing and she needed to pick it up. Not sure she appreciated it but usually when my husband speaks folks listen. He has deep voice. :)
    Its a shame youth is wasted on young people

  5. #5
    Registered User PeoplesElbow's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Smackdown hotel
    Posts
    6,067
    Name:  oj7ha9x.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  33.6 KB
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

  6. #6
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    127,376
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ginwoman View Post
    If you see it happening, put a big ol' smile on yo face and take them a bag saying "oh, I see you must have forgotten your poop bag, here.... you can use this" or something along these lines. My hubby did this a few years ago at Greys Point to a lady who was allowing her dog to poo near the horseshoe pits where there was going to be a tournament in a few hours. Big NONO for my hubby. He took her a bag and explained to her there would be people out there soon playing and she needed to pick it up. Not sure she appreciated it but usually when my husband speaks folks listen. He has deep voice. :)
    I'm a big fan of public shaming. You'd think adults wouldn't have to be called out like that.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  7. #7
    professional daydreamer mAlice's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    38,473
    Dogs should not be allowed to do their business where kids play. Ever. Even if it's picked up. We built a run for Gilly, and that's where he does his business. He's not allowed to poop or pee anywhere else in the yard. We don't have to wander all over the yard looking for land mines, and we don't have to worry about Pickle rolling around in the grass where the pooped an hour ago, even if it was picked up. When we walk him, he's not allowed to do his business in front of anyone's yard. He has to wait until we're down the road where no one lives.
    Je suis prest

  8. #8


    I guess growing up, we had dogs on lines and in the yard - and it was simply understood there'd be land mines.
    And it was someone's job for land mine duty. Ditto for horse poop on the side of the road or anywhere.

    But we always knew that if you were on grass in the suburbs, there was always the chance there would be
    animal stuff in the grass - poo or pee - just as we always knew there were things like anthills, ground nesting bees,
    red ants and ticks.

    Of course, this was the sixties and it wasn't uncommon for dogs to be running around without a leash or anything.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds." Teddy Roosevelt

  9. #9
    professional daydreamer mAlice's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    38,473
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post


    I guess growing up, we had dogs on lines and in the yard - and it was simply understood there'd be land mines.
    And it was someone's job for land mine duty. Ditto for horse poop on the side of the road or anywhere.

    But we always knew that if you were on grass in the suburbs, there was always the chance there would be
    animal stuff in the grass - poo or pee - just as we always knew there were things like anthills, ground nesting bees,
    red ants and ticks.

    Of course, this was the sixties and it wasn't uncommon for dogs to be running around without a leash or anything.
    And it is for that very reason that I don't want my dog pooping all over the place. "This is my toilet, that is your toilet". He actually has 2 runs, so we can swap him out when we need to. Give the grass a break. We've already had to lock him out of "big" run, due to heavy rains.
    Je suis prest

Members who have read this thread: 54

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |