Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: About those Canadian milk tariffs

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    I don't know. I've guessed that milk is one of the commodities that, unlike oil, really only has a limited range of distribution.
    That the bulk of your business needs to be nearby. I have no idea, I just know it's true of some produce, like strawberries.
    Spoils too quickly.
    While stationed overseas we were exposed to irradiated milk in the commissary system. Milk sometimes kept for weeks after opening.
    Saying we are a country of "Immigrants" is an insult to our ancestors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    While stationed overseas we were exposed to irradiated milk in the commissary system. Milk sometimes kept for weeks after opening.
    I have little doubt it is POSSIBLE to have milk keep for weeks, and to transport it far and wide. I've had canned milk all my life.
    I'm just wondering if the industry as a whole typically ships within a certain radius.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Members who have read this thread: 58