McCain needs to just SFTU Already

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Poor John McCain. The Arizona senator, who’s battling terminal brain cancer, thinks someone died and made him the leader of the free world.

Proving that he’s determined to be a thorn in President Trump’s side even on his deathbed, McCain once again tried to undermine the billionaire by slamming the tariffs Trump slapped on China and Canada (you know, like the ones they charge on American goods).

Senator McCain tweeted during the G7 Summit: “To our allies: bipartisan majorities of Americans remain pro-free trade, pro-globalization and supportive of alliances based on 70 years of shared values. Americans stand with you, even if our president doesn’t.”

For the record, a senator does not make U.S. trade policy, nor does he speak for all Americans.

John McCain viciously undermines Trump to world leaders in absolutely inexcusable message to our allies

I'd prefer he drop dead already

Hijinx

Poor John McCain. The Arizona senator, who’s battling terminal brain cancer, thinks someone died and made him the leader of the free world.

Proving that he’s determined to be a thorn in President Trump’s side even on his deathbed, McCain once again tried to undermine the billionaire by slamming the tariffs Trump slapped on China and Canada (you know, like the ones they charge on American goods).

Senator McCain tweeted during the G7 Summit: “To our allies: bipartisan majorities of Americans remain pro-free trade, pro-globalization and supportive of alliances based on 70 years of shared values. Americans stand with you, even if our president doesn’t.”

For the record, a senator does not make U.S. trade policy, nor does he speak for all Americans.

John McCain viciously undermines Trump to world leaders in absolutely inexcusable message to our allies

I'd prefer he drop dead already

The tumor isn't the only problem with McCain's brain. When a man is so bitter that he cannot even die graciously there has been something wrong in his head for a long time.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He can't get over losing in 2008 and now he's just making a fool of himself.

Last edited:

SamSpade

Am I mistaken, or does Trump want to level the playing field and eliminate tariffs on both sides?
Am I wrong? Isn't that pretty much what "free trade" means?

And aren't our allies against that?
They don't want free trade - because we can over-produce them, kind of like the way China over-produces with us?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Am I mistaken, or does Trump want to level the playing field and eliminate tariffs on both sides? Am I wrong? Isn't that pretty much what "free trade" means? And aren't our allies against that? They don't want free trade - because we can over-produce them, kind of like the way China over-produces with us?

There can be free trade, but there must also be tariffs to balance out the disparity in wages, less regulatory costs, etc.

BOP

Am I mistaken, or does Trump want to level the playing field and eliminate tariffs on both sides?
Am I wrong? Isn't that pretty much what "free trade" means?

And aren't our allies against that?
They don't want free trade - because we can over-produce them, kind of like the way China over-produces with us?

It's a negotiation. I don't believe Trump expects absolutely no barriers to trade whatsoever.

SamSpade

It's a negotiation. I don't believe Trump expects absolutely no barriers to trade whatsoever.
I thought I'd read somewhere that Trump said you don't begin a negotiation with your best and final offer.
You START with an offer they'll refuse, one that heavily favors yourself and disadvantages them.
Then they counter-offer and you reach an agreement you both like.

I've haggled in stores abroad - you don't START with the asking price - that's stupid.
Typical haggle is, you show initial interest, you back off, and when they ask for less than the asking price,
you start low. Way low. They'll act pissed, but if they come back, you're probably going to arrive at a price you will both like.

And I've bid at auctions - you have a mental figure which you believe is the maximum point where the purchase is worth it -
you don't bid at a price you could never recoup.

What politicians have done too often here is, promise big at home and go begging for a deal, call it a win,
and come back home with a lousy deal just so they can show they did something.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I thought I'd read somewhere that Trump said you don't begin a negotiation with your best and final offer.
You START with an offer they'll refuse, one that heavily favors yourself and disadvantages them.

Euro-Crats are used to Progressives at DoS that roll over at the start

SamSpade

Euro-Crats are used to Progressives at DoS that roll over at the start

And that's what I think I'm seeing - the first round. Piss 'em off with your first offer.
Let 'em know you're not going to just roll over and you'll walk away if you don't get what you want.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
And that's what I think I'm seeing - the first round. Piss 'em off with your first offer.
Let 'em know you're not going to just roll over and you'll walk away if you don't get what you want.

:yay:

I'd just as soon see the entire career staff shown the door .... they do nothing but undermine Republican Presidents when we get them ... Bush had problems for 8 yrs

glhs837

Power with Control

I've haggled in stores abroad - you don't START with the asking price - that's stupid.
Typical haggle is, you show initial interest, you back off, and when they ask for less than the asking price,
you start low. Way low. They'll act pissed, but if they come back, you're probably going to arrive at a price you will both like.

And I've bid at auctions - you have a mental figure which you believe is the maximum point where the purchase is worth it -
you don't bid at a price you could never recoup.

What politicians have done too often here is, promise big at home and go begging for a deal, call it a win,
and come back home with a lousy deal just so they can show they did something.

Yep.

Merchant : That jacket will cost 5,000 drachmas.
Me: I will give you $1,000.
Merchant : You are insane, I could not possibly sell it for less than 4,500 that leaves me with barely enough profit to keep the light on!!!!
Me: I could maybe do 1500, but 500 of that is because I haven't done enough charitable giving this month
Merchant: You are a horrible person, if I sold it to you for 4,000, my children would go hungry this week
Me: At 2,000, your children would eat like kings for a month while mine have to skip meals
Merchant: If I accept a beating from my wife for being a terrible husband and father, and pick through some dumpsters to supplement our dinner, I could maybe go 3500

And at the end, he gives it to for a little over 3K.

transporter

If he hadn't had the running mate he had, he wouldn't have made the primary.

Just to point out the incredible STUPIDITY of this post and GRUPS likewise incredibly STUPID follow up....

Candidates DON'T HAVE RUNNING MATES IN THE PRIMARIES!!![/B]

Morons...f***ing morons.

SamSpade

And at the end, he gives it to for a little over 3K.

We were at Silk Street Market in Beijing, and the first thing I'd have to do is convert yuan to dollars in my head.
My wife would see a cheap backpack selling for about 75 dollars, and ask should we get this?
And I'd answer, I'm not paying more than 20 bucks for that - we can do better at home.

So we offer 10 (in equivalent yuan). They get irate. But ultimately, we paid about 28.

Another place, we were buying children's pj's. How much would you pay for Chinese-made children's pj's at Wal-Mart?
On sale - 5, 10 bucks? They wanted 25. We got them down to 8. They sold it to us, cursing and saying don't come back.
Please. If they didn't want to sell it, they would have refused.

Generally we were told, they couldn't bother you unless you crossed into their store. That didn't keep them from calling
out to you as you passed. They couldn't LEAVE the store and pester you, but they could do it from inside their store.
One vendor kept trying to sell my buddy a watch for about 70 bucks. As he continued to walk away, he kept going down
to about *5*. Good thing he didn't want a watch that day.

Now this is just in stores with a handful of salespersons. A department store, you don't do this.
You go to the register like everyone else. And there were those with us who haggled *everything*.
Since I was in no hurry to BUY anything, I'd see if the asking price was reasonable - if it wasn't, I didn't bother.

I thought your exchange was funny though, because the pjs vendor DID say, you rob me, you rob my children,
you no good, I never sell you again.

glhs837

Power with Control
Loosley based on an actual negotiation for a jacket I conducted with a leather vendor in Istanbuls Grand Bazarr. I omitted the part in the middle where I just walked away and "happened" to walk back past about 10 minutes later :)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Just to point out the incredible STUPIDITY of this post and GRUPS likewise incredibly STUPID follow up....

Candidates DON'T HAVE RUNNING MATES IN THE PRIMARIES!!![/B]

Morons...f***ing morons.

Take your meds, sweetie...you're going to burst a vein.