Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics of Chicken Sandwiches

Blog Entries
    This is the best story EVER!!! I love it when some crazy social media titan gets OWNED by the progs.

"I'm so sorry I ate that hate sandwich! I'll never do it again!"

"Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    You know - I've never been crazy about their food.
    OMG I love CFA. Their spicy chicken sam is the best, extra pickles please. CFAs are always clean with bright smiling faces instead of the tatted up snarling freaks at other fast food restaurants.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Twitter Head Reneges On Promoting Chick-Fil-A During Pride Month After Soledad O’Brien Knocks Him. Here’s The Problem.

This, according to Soledad O’Brien, former CNN host, was a massive crime. How so? Well, it’s Gay Pride Month, and that means that everyone must celebrate homosexuality in every possible way – and Chick-Fil-A’s head, Dan Cathy, famously supports traditional marriage. Thus, according to O’Brien, no promotion of Chick-Fil-A is merited during this magical time of year:

There is only one problem, besides the obvious Orwellian ideological crackdown: O’Brien spoke at the 2012 Chick-Fil-A Leadercast, alongside Tim Tebow and John Maxwell, among others. Presumably, O’Brien was paid for this. But times have changed – and now everyone must bow before the Pride Altar, at the behest of High Priestess O’Brien, she of the vengeful wrath against a sandwich company that has evidenced zero discrimination against LGBT people.
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

I'm getting the old police classic "Dream Police" with "Thought Police" instead. Weird Al, were he so inclined, could have some fun with that video.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    OMG I love CFA. Their spicy chicken sam is the best, extra pickles please. CFAs are always clean with bright smiling faces instead of the tatted up snarling freaks at other fast food restaurants.
    No shiat. I went into Wendy's the other day, jonesing for a Frosty. It was as though I was interrupting their important conversations about soaps or whatever they were talking about.
    “Lead paint chips: they're not just for breakfast anymore.” - Board Mommy

I like CFA's food, with the exception of the waffle fries. Always soggy, never crisp. I like crisp fries.

As far as patronizing them, I'm an agnostic and don't care what their moral values are founded on, they make good food. As long as I know for sure that they are not funding terrorism and the like, they can hold whatever beliefs they want. Their service is outstanding, the people friendly and helpful.

Can you imagine all of the Jewish delis that would go out of business because they hold Jewish beliefs? Or any other ethnic restaurants?
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    They have a spicy chix sand that I like,
    Which is pretty much the only thing of theirs that I'll eat.
    If I was on the road by myself and I wanted fast food, I'd probably go elsewhere - the spicy chicken isn't enough to make me PICK them.
    I think their fries and nuggets are - ok. Again, not something I'd go there for unless I had to.

What I DO appreciate - is the service.

I have a brother in law who has been in high end restaurants almost his entire adult life, and has catered to famous people.
    He's said service is the key - that if you have mediocre food but fantastic service, people will come back, but even if you
    have OUTSTANDING food and horrible service, people won't be back. Some will, but service defines a place.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    Can you imagine all of the Jewish delis that would go out of business because they hold Jewish beliefs? Or any other ethnic restaurants?
    I don't know of restaurants that have Muslim owners that make a big deal of how their beliefs extend to their patrons.
    On the other hand, can you see a Muslim owned business being targeted by gays because the owner doesn't recognize their lifestyle?
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    On the other hand, can you see a Muslim owned business being targeted by gays because the owner doesn't recognize their lifestyle?

Islam does not, and no Gays Don't
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    Islam does not, and no Gays Don't
    I work with Muslims, but we had one in our office that would pray during the day.
    He once asked me which direction is northeast - I told him and asked why. He said he had to pray towards
    Mecca. Puzzled, I said I thought Mecca would be SOUTH east - he said "not in a straight line".

We talked about a lot of things - but one on which he was ADAMANT was, there are no gay Muslims.
    I told him that sheer numbers meant, there had to be - and he said if you were gay, you ceased being Muslim.
    Since in so many parts of the Muslim world, they KILL you for being gay - I imagine targeting a Muslim
    bakery probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Members who have read this thread: 71