Politics of Chicken Sandwiches

BOP

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey on Sunday expressed regret over eating at Chick-fil-A, because of the chicken company’s CEO’s personal views on gay marriage.

Dorsey tweeted a screenshot from his phone that showed a purchase he had made at Chick-fil-A using a mobile application. After a liberal backlash, however, Dorsey apologized for eating at the popular fast food restaurant.

Twitter CEO Caves To Liberal Backlash, Says He Was Wrong To Eat Chick-Fil-A

Sepaku: do the honorable thing, Dorsey.

SamSpade

Why does everything have to be political? Does Chik-Fil-A discriminate against gay couples?
Do they do anything to actually injure or hinder gays or gay couples?
Is it so very bad that he THINKS something, that he must be punished for it?

I kind of thought the whole premise of tolerance was, hey I don't like this or that, but you're free to believe whatever you want, so long as you don't bother me.
The whole "your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins". As long as you're not swinging, I'm not swinging.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Sounds like it's gonna be Chick-Fil-A on the way home tonight.

SamSpade

Sounds like it's gonna be Chick-Fil-A on the way home tonight.

You know - I've never been crazy about their food. To me, there's nothing remarkable about it.
It isn't disgusting or greasy and it doesn't make me sick, but I normally wouldn't PICK them if I were driving down the road by myself.
The kids of course, love their food.

But - I appreciate the service, the friendliness - the fact that in a crowded Chik-Fil-A, I can actually have my order walked out to me.
That as busy as it gets - I usually don't have to wait all that long, in a drive through or inside.

Versus my last McDonald's trip, where we all got undercooked or nearly raw hamburgers - and while the manager fussed,
it still took a good twenty minutes to FIX the order, because no one but the manager was on it - and she was just yelling at people.
Ultimately, they got us a replacement order - after the non-burger members had FINISHED their meals - and gave us two
little coupons for a free small fry. I mean, damn. I would have rather had an "I'm sorry".

THAT to me is why Chik-Fil-A thrives.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
You know - I've never been crazy about their food. To me, there's nothing remarkable about it.
It isn't disgusting or greasy and it doesn't make me sick, but I normally wouldn't PICK them if I were driving down the road by myself.
The kids of course, love their food.

But - I appreciate the service, the friendliness - the fact that in a crowded Chik-Fil-A, I can actually have my order walked out to me.
That as busy as it gets - I usually don't have to wait all that long, in a drive through or inside.

Versus my last McDonald's trip, where we all got undercooked or nearly raw hamburgers - and while the manager fussed,
it still took a good twenty minutes to FIX the order, because no one but the manager was on it - and she was just yelling at people.
Ultimately, they got us a replacement order - after the non-burger members had FINISHED their meals - and gave us two
little coupons for a free small fry. I mean, damn. I would have rather had an "I'm sorry".

THAT to me is why Chik-Fil-A thrives.

They have a spicy chix sand that I like, the service is always good and as a stand out of EVERY fast food dump out there... They have competent people and can actually get a three-item order correct.

That's a feat that BK, MCD and TB regularly fail.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is the best story EVER!!! I love it when some crazy social media titan gets OWNED by the progs.

:roflmao:

"I'm so sorry I ate that hate sandwich! I'll never do it again!"

:lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You know - I've never been crazy about their food.

OMG I love CFA. Their spicy chicken sam is the best, extra pickles please. CFAs are always clean with bright smiling faces instead of the tatted up snarling freaks at other fast food restaurants.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Twitter Head Reneges On Promoting Chick-Fil-A During Pride Month After Soledad O’Brien Knocks Him. Here’s The Problem.

This, according to Soledad O’Brien, former CNN host, was a massive crime. How so? Well, it’s Gay Pride Month, and that means that everyone must celebrate homosexuality in every possible way – and Chick-Fil-A’s head, Dan Cathy, famously supports traditional marriage. Thus, according to O’Brien, no promotion of Chick-Fil-A is merited during this magical time of year:

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/soledadobrien/status/1005900855672037377[/TWITTER]

There is only one problem, besides the obvious Orwellian ideological crackdown: O’Brien spoke at the 2012 Chick-Fil-A Leadercast, alongside Tim Tebow and John Maxwell, among others. Presumably, O’Brien was paid for this. But times have changed – and now everyone must bow before the Pride Altar, at the behest of High Priestess O’Brien, she of the vengeful wrath against a sandwich company that has evidenced zero discrimination against LGBT people.

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm getting the old police classic "Dream Police" with "Thought Police" instead. Weird Al, were he so inclined, could have some fun with that video.

BOP

OMG I love CFA. Their spicy chicken sam is the best, extra pickles please. CFAs are always clean with bright smiling faces instead of the tatted up snarling freaks at other fast food restaurants.

No shiat. I went into Wendy's the other day, jonesing for a Frosty. It was as though I was interrupting their important conversations about soaps or whatever they were talking about.

I like CFA's food, with the exception of the waffle fries. Always soggy, never crisp. I like crisp fries.

As far as patronizing them, I'm an agnostic and don't care what their moral values are founded on, they make good food. As long as I know for sure that they are not funding terrorism and the like, they can hold whatever beliefs they want. Their service is outstanding, the people friendly and helpful.

Can you imagine all of the Jewish delis that would go out of business because they hold Jewish beliefs? Or any other ethnic restaurants?

SamSpade

They have a spicy chix sand that I like,

Which is pretty much the only thing of theirs that I'll eat.
If I was on the road by myself and I wanted fast food, I'd probably go elsewhere - the spicy chicken isn't enough to make me PICK them.
I think their fries and nuggets are - ok. Again, not something I'd go there for unless I had to.

What I DO appreciate - is the service.

I have a brother in law who has been in high end restaurants almost his entire adult life, and has catered to famous people.
He's said service is the key - that if you have mediocre food but fantastic service, people will come back, but even if you
have OUTSTANDING food and horrible service, people won't be back. Some will, but service defines a place.

SamSpade

Can you imagine all of the Jewish delis that would go out of business because they hold Jewish beliefs? Or any other ethnic restaurants?

I don't know of restaurants that have Muslim owners that make a big deal of how their beliefs extend to their patrons.
On the other hand, can you see a Muslim owned business being targeted by gays because the owner doesn't recognize their lifestyle?

SamSpade

Islam does not, and no Gays Don't

I work with Muslims, but we had one in our office that would pray during the day.
He once asked me which direction is northeast - I told him and asked why. He said he had to pray towards
Mecca. Puzzled, I said I thought Mecca would be SOUTH east - he said "not in a straight line".

We talked about a lot of things - but one on which he was ADAMANT was, there are no gay Muslims.
I told him that sheer numbers meant, there had to be - and he said if you were gay, you ceased being Muslim.
Since in so many parts of the Muslim world, they KILL you for being gay - I imagine targeting a Muslim
bakery probably wouldn't be a good idea.