Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics of Chicken Sandwiches

Politics of Chicken Sandwiches

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey on Sunday expressed regret over eating at Chick-fil-A, because of the chicken company’s CEO’s personal views on gay marriage.

Dorsey tweeted a screenshot from his phone that showed a purchase he had made at Chick-fil-A using a mobile application. After a liberal backlash, however, Dorsey apologized for eating at the popular fast food restaurant.

Twitter CEO Caves To Liberal Backlash, Says He Was Wrong To Eat Chick-Fil-A
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey on Sunday expressed regret over eating at Chick-fil-A, because of the chicken company’s CEO’s personal views on gay marriage.

Dorsey tweeted a screenshot from his phone that showed a purchase he had made at Chick-fil-A using a mobile application. After a liberal backlash, however, Dorsey apologized for eating at the popular fast food restaurant.

Twitter CEO Caves To Liberal Backlash, Says He Was Wrong To Eat Chick-Fil-A
    Sepaku: do the honorable thing, Dorsey.

Why does everything have to be political? Does Chik-Fil-A discriminate against gay couples?
    Do they do anything to actually injure or hinder gays or gay couples?
    Is it so very bad that he THINKS something, that he must be punished for it?

I kind of thought the whole premise of tolerance was, hey I don't like this or that, but you're free to believe whatever you want, so long as you don't bother me.
    The whole "your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins". As long as you're not swinging, I'm not swinging.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Sounds like it's gonna be Chick-Fil-A on the way home tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Is it so very bad that he THINKS something, that he must be punished for it?
    Chick-fil-A, Inc., Founder S. Truett Cathy died Sept. 8, 2014, at age 93
    And they won't let him lie in peace.
    Saying we are a country of "Immigrants" is an insult to our ancestors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    And they won't let him lie in peace.
    The sins of the father, yadayada.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Sounds like it's gonna be Chick-Fil-A on the way home tonight.
    You know - I've never been crazy about their food. To me, there's nothing remarkable about it.
    It isn't disgusting or greasy and it doesn't make me sick, but I normally wouldn't PICK them if I were driving down the road by myself.
    The kids of course, love their food.

But - I appreciate the service, the friendliness - the fact that in a crowded Chik-Fil-A, I can actually have my order walked out to me.
    That as busy as it gets - I usually don't have to wait all that long, in a drive through or inside.

Versus my last McDonald's trip, where we all got undercooked or nearly raw hamburgers - and while the manager fussed,
    it still took a good twenty minutes to FIX the order, because no one but the manager was on it - and she was just yelling at people.
    Ultimately, they got us a replacement order - after the non-burger members had FINISHED their meals - and gave us two
    little coupons for a free small fry. I mean, damn. I would have rather had an "I'm sorry".

THAT to me is why Chik-Fil-A thrives.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Friendly Warm Customer Service .... CAF installs a sense of Pride in the staff
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

You know - I've never been crazy about their food. To me, there's nothing remarkable about it.
    It isn't disgusting or greasy and it doesn't make me sick, but I normally wouldn't PICK them if I were driving down the road by myself.
    The kids of course, love their food.

But - I appreciate the service, the friendliness - the fact that in a crowded Chik-Fil-A, I can actually have my order walked out to me.
    That as busy as it gets - I usually don't have to wait all that long, in a drive through or inside.

Versus my last McDonald's trip, where we all got undercooked or nearly raw hamburgers - and while the manager fussed,
    it still took a good twenty minutes to FIX the order, because no one but the manager was on it - and she was just yelling at people.
    Ultimately, they got us a replacement order - after the non-burger members had FINISHED their meals - and gave us two
    little coupons for a free small fry. I mean, damn. I would have rather had an "I'm sorry".

They have a spicy chix sand that I like, the service is always good and as a stand out of EVERY fast food dump out there... They have competent people and can actually get a three-item order correct.

That's a feat that BK, MCD and TB regularly fail.

Waffle Fries ......

Members who have read this thread: 71