Anyone Been to These Restaurants?

Just looking for new places to go that aren't too far away. Saw these down on Cobb Island. Has anyone been to any of these? Worth the trip?

Capture.JPG

General Lee

Capt. Johns and Shamansky's pretty much compete with one another. Both have buffets and AYCE certain days. Both are worth a shot to form your own opinion. Scuttlebutts is a dive bar. Nothing special then a place to grab a beer and karaoke. The "Riva" is a bar with a Ledo's in it, Lol.

lovinmaryland

Grew up in the Newburg area so we frequented those places often, not cause they were the best but because they were close. I can tell you as a kid there was no worse feeling than pulling up and seeing the sweet sweet glow of the Captain Johns sign only to have my parents or grandparents turn and go into Shymanskys! :cds: :bawl:

Captain Johns is good for crabs if you’re getting those rest of the menu is decent - pretty good. I’m not a fan of their crab cakes they put peppers or something in there that is off putting to me.

Shymanskys food always reminded me of those horrible seafood buffets in myrtle beach...the ones that use Gortons frozen seafood. I haven’t been there in probably 5 years so maybe it’s better now :shrug:

The Rivah is weird because it’s a Ledos but it serves seafood and steamed crabs. We went there not too long ago and everything was great. Probably the best Ledos I’ve ever had. So I guess it will all depend what you’re looking for food wise!

luvmygdaughters

We used to go to Captn. Johns for crabs, that was about it. Everything else on the menu (imo) sucks. Its a crabhouse, thats it. Honestly, Drift Inn is my favorite crabhouse, the crabs are always meaty and steamed to perfection, they dont crowd you in like sardines and the beer is always ice cold (very important when eating crabs) !

I'm not really looking for crabs, not my favorite meal, just a nice place, good food, nice atmosphere. A 'destination' kind of drive. Kinda tired of the local places.

I appreciate all the inputs, folks. Thanx!

tipsymcgee

The Cove is a small coffee/tea joint with lite fare or coffee house style menu, I believe, not a full restaurant.

luvmygdaughters

I'm not really looking for crabs, not my favorite meal, just a nice place, good food, nice atmosphere. A 'destination' kind of drive. Kinda tired of the local places.

I appreciate all the inputs, folks. Thanx!

Have you tried Colonial Beach area? I have a co-worker who lives over there, she said the High Tides has good food and a great view.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Have you tried Colonial Beach area? I have a co-worker who lives over there, she said the High Tides has good food and a great view.

I'll second Colonial Beach for a daytrip destination. I used to load up the dog and go there all the time. The restaurant at the marina is really good, and on most weekends they have live music.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'll second Colonial Beach for a daytrip destination. I used to load up the dog and go there all the time. The restaurant at the marina is really good, and on most weekends they have live music.

I'll second that..Dockside Restaurant was really good the last time we ate there.

Keep going south a bit and you've got the excellent choices of Coles Point Tavern and Tim's At Coles Point Marina to visit too.