Poll: Trump's Approval Higher Than Obama's Was

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Talk about a mainstream media narrative fail.

In June of 2010, then-President Obama had a 41% low approval rating, with Rasmussen polling showing his disapproval ranging from 54-57%.

With a booming economy — including stock market highs, climbing consumer confidence, and record low unemployment numbers, particularly for minorities — and much promise showing on the international front, at this point in his presidency President Trump is outperforming his predecessor in the polls, which have often proven to undersell Trump's actual support.

You don't need to look much further than the economy if you want to understand Trump's solid support. According to The Washington Post, Quinnipiac polling, which typically scores Trump's approval lower than other polling services, found that "a plurality of Americans think Trump is handling the economy well; 62 percent think the economy is good or excellent."

Poll: Trump's Approval Higher Than Obama's Was

:oldman:

Queue .... 5 ... 4

SamSpade

No it will be me.

To be fair - in 2010 Obama was just putting the finishing touches on Obamacare - to a groundswell of dislike.
That lasted for a while. I haven't seen the charts, but that would be the low part of his approval. Trump is coming at it from below.
I saw similar data for Reagan - who was facing another recession by this time - and wasn't terribly popular - yet.