Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Food Stamp Households Drop Below 20 Million

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by BOP View Post
    Public shaming, chain gangs, deportation, hangings? Just brain-storming.
    People should not be condemned, ridiculed, chastised, denounced, or made to feel guilty for using food stamps. The monetary system used here absolutely guarantees a certain percentage of those who, through no fault of their own, will need it to compensate for the manipulation and expansion of the money supply by accepting food stamps just to survive. It also guarantees forecloses, bankruptcies, homelessness, etc. 100% absolutely guarantees it. There is no way to avoid it. There will always be those, debt based monetary system, economic casualties. It is inherent and designed into our debt based monetary system. More so today than in the past because of many financial protections built into the system have now been eliminated. Peoples economic circumstances can not be blamed, save the loafers.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

More so today than in the past because of many financial protections built into the system have now been eliminated.
    What protections were those?
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Um...if the number of households was lower in 2010...how is the current number "at a record low level"??
    Perhaps if you spent more time on your grammar and reading skills you'd know that answer.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Registered User luvmygdaughters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

People should not be condemned, ridiculed, chastised, denounced, or made to feel guilty for using food stamps. The monetary system used here absolutely guarantees a certain percentage of those who, through no fault of their own, will need it to compensate for the manipulation and expansion of the money supply by accepting food stamps just to survive. It also guarantees forecloses, bankruptcies, homelessness, etc. 100% absolutely guarantees it. There is no way to avoid it. There will always be those, debt based monetary system, economic casualties. It is inherent and designed into our debt based monetary system. More so today than in the past because of many financial protections built into the system have now been eliminated. Peoples economic circumstances can not be blamed, save the loafers.
    You know what else causes homelessness....drugs, alcoholism, laziness. You know other reasons people get government subsidies...having several children they cant afford to take care of, by various fathers, refusing to better their position by going to free programs to help with job skills, spending money on unnecessary things, like nails, hairweaves, $ 200.00 tennis shoes,. Just to name a few.

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    What protections were those?
    The really big culprit was the repeal of Glass-Steagall law that separated commercial and investment banking for seven decades. After that, all hell broke loose.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    You know what else causes homelessness....drugs, alcoholism, laziness. You know other reasons people get government subsidies...having several children they cant afford to take care of, by various fathers, refusing to better their position by going to free programs to help with job skills, spending money on unnecessary things, like nails, hairweaves, $ 200.00 tennis shoes,. Just to name a few.
    Not on the scale that a debt based monetary system causes. In addition, it is the very same debt based monetary system that is the root of most societal ills that you mention. The stress of not having enough money. Not having a good enough paying job. Having enough good paying jobs at all. Layoffs. Offshoring of our manufacturing jobs. Companies reducing hours to at or under 29 hours. Companies reducing pay etc etc etc. You can pick and choose at those very low percentage of the population that gets the headline stories further embedding the propaganda that all those that fall on hard time are scofflaws, irresponsible assess, welfare deadbeats, lazy unmotivated do nothings. But that is not the case. Scoff at your own peril when you ignore the real reasons until one day it just might bite you in the ass and then you are the one in the bread line wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

Not on the scale that a debt based monetary system causes. In addition, it is the very same debt based monetary system that is the root of most societal ills that you mention. The stress of not having enough money. Not having a good enough paying job. Having enough good paying jobs at all. Layoffs. Offshoring of our manufacturing jobs. Companies reducing hours to at or under 29 hours. Companies reducing pay etc etc etc. You can pick and choose at those very low percentage of the population that gets the headline stories further embedding the propaganda that all those that fall on hard time are scofflaws, irresponsible assess, welfare deadbeats, lazy unmotivated do nothings. But that is not the case. Scoff at your own peril when you ignore the real reasons until one day it just might bite you in the ass and then you are the one in the bread line wondering what happened.
    Tell me more about this "debt based monetary system". When did it begin? Who's required to use it? How far into debt must one go? Why?
    Je suis prest

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    Tell me more about this "debt based monetary system". When did it begin? Who's required to use it? How far into debt must one go? Why?
    If you really want to know ... The most current iteration began in 1913 with the Federal Reserve Act.

Blog Entries
    Easy access to credit is 1 of the ways that people fall behind financially. I grew up in a household that didn't have a credit card. Other than a vehicle, every purchase was made in cash. Furniture, rugs, you name it, they had to save the money first before the purchase was made. Many people would benefit from this method of spending.

My dad was a member of a suit club at a local clothing store. You put aside a few bucks each month then at the end of the year you got to shop for your work wardrobe. Very similar to a lay away.
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    I do this #### all day long, deal with freaks and wackjobs - BM

Veterans before illegals

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    Though in cartoon style, did the video somewhat explain the answer to your question?

Members who have read this thread: 53