WH Chief of Staff John Kelly's phone hacked

Chris0nllyn

The FOIA email confirms previous reports from Politico that Kelly used a compromised smartphone for months. If it's the same incident (the White House never confirmed the original reports), the attack happened during Trump's transition in late 2016 while Kelly was secretary of homeland security.

As we discussed in NYC about the toxic atmosphere here in the D.C. cesspool, my folks are nervous about e-mails you send and ask that you no longer include them on any postings. FOIA is real and everyday here in the cesspool, and even federal court action on personal accounts is real. Then there is the hacking which one of my own personal accounts has suffered recently. I do almost everything now by phone or face-to-face comms.

The president is reportedly refusing to upgrade his iPhones, issued by White House IT agencies to make them more secure, calling the process "too inconvenient." As of last month, he hadn't had them checked by security experts for at least five months. To make matters worse, lawmakers have concerns about fake cell towers around the White House that could eavesdrop on smartphone calls.
https://www.engadget.com/2018/06/11/john-kelly-hacked-foia-request/

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
To recap:

We're not supposed to care about Hillary Clinton - then Secretary of State - sending classified information over an unsecured server that she kept in her home, but we are supposed to care very much about this.

Yay! Let's go burn something down! Hate Trump! Hate!!

transporter

To recap:

We're not supposed to care about Hillary Clinton - then Secretary of State - sending classified information over an unsecured server that she kept in her home, but we are supposed to care very much about this.

And to put your post into laymen's terms...

Two wrongs DO make a right.

Or...say anything possible to justify/rationalize your vote for an unqualified and incompetent candidate to lead the world's most powerful nation (in economic and military terms).

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Or...say anything possible to justify/rationalize your vote for an unqualified and incompetent candidate to lead the world's most powerful nation (in economic and military terms).

Kicking some major ass, isn't he?...in both economic and military terms. :yay: :trannyheadpop:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And to put your post into laymen's terms...

Two wrongs DO make a right.

:lol:

That's what people like you always say when you bitch about something and it's pointed out that you French-kissed your guy's ass when s/he did it: "Well, two wrongs don't make a right."

:roflmao:

SamSpade

I have to admit, though, the first thing I thought when it came to making sure PHONES were secure is - what the hell is the point,
since the damned White House leaks like a sieve, and attempts to antagonize those who leak are regarded as tyrannical in the press.

Why worry if someone's going to get information off the phones? Seems like all they have to do is ASK the right person.

h3mech

To recap:

don't forget weiners laptop

awpitt

Main Streeter
To recap:

We should care about what Hillary did. And we should care about COMSEC at the White House. I thought Hillary would've been in jail by now.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Hillary had the same complaint ..... 'it is inconvenient' to have 2 black berry's

and got roasted for it ....

Trump etal should be smarter .....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I thought Hillary would've been in jail by now.

People like Hillary don't go to jail. She has too many connections and knows where too many bodies are buried. Why do you think the FBI director was so willing to compromise himself and let her off the hook?

It's fun to yell, "Lock her up!" and watch progs lose their hivemind, but it's never going to happen.