Watch the video

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Not a video, but some years ago I came across an article on some obscure sight that I can't recall. Pics of a young girl who crashed at a toll plaza. She wasn't so lucky, or maybe she was, depending on how you look at it. Pics I will never get out of my head.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, show that to the "dont make'em like they used to" crowd. the driver actually opend the door and staggered away from that.

glhs837

Power with Control
Not a video, but some years ago I came across an article on some obscure sight that I can't recall. Pics of a young girl who crashed at a toll plaza. She wasn't so lucky, or maybe she was, depending on how you look at it. Pics I will never get out of my head.

I think I recall that. The issue was that her family was legally trying to get the pictures removed from the internet.

https://www.ocregister.com/2012/01/31/family-gets-24-million-over-grisly-crash-images/

Ah, here it is. Cliff notes, 18 year old 100mph crash in a Porsche, hit another car, ended up hitting an unmanned tool booth. Crash scene photos taken by the CHP endedup getting leaked by two dispatchers. Family sued for emotional distress at thier daughters almost decaptiatated bodys pictures being all over the net.

PsyOps

Pixelated
At least for the length of the video, the people around did nothing. They just looked at the guy laying on the ground. :ohwell:

glhs837

Power with Control
At least for the length of the video, the people around did nothing. They just looked at the guy laying on the ground. :ohwell:

Shock, most likely. Most people not trained to put shock aside and DO. Partially societies fault, we encourage folks to stand away and let the professionals handle things, then we should not be surprised when people do just that.

mAlice

professional daydreamer

I suspect they called 911. If I had been there, I would have also done nothing. Moving a victim like that could cause permanent damage, or death. Wait for EMS.

glhs837

Power with Control
I suspect they called 911. If I had been there, I would have also done nothing. Moving a victim like that could cause permanent damage, or death. Wait for EMS.

And if they are bleeding, you wouldnt apply direct presssure or other first aid? Letting them bleed out could cause death also.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
And if they are bleeding, you wouldnt apply direct presssure or other first aid? Letting them bleed out could cause death also.

Well, since WE weren't there, I'll choose not to assume I know what his injuries were. But you go ahead and turn it into an argument, just not with me.

glhs837

Power with Control
Well, since WE weren't there, I'll choose not to assume I know what his injuries were. But you go ahead and turn it into an argument, just not with me.

Not an argument, a question. Where do you draw the line, hypothetically speaking? Nobody there even seemed to get close enough to see if there was anything they could do. My point was that a blanket "You might injure them further, so dont do anything" seems like a pretty broad brush.

PsyOps

Pixelated

I wasn't suggesting moving the victim. However, check for a pulse, breathing... If there neither are present, you must move him to start CPR.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Not an argument, a question. Where do you draw the line, hypothetically speaking? Nobody there even seemed to get close enough to see if there was anything they could do. My point was that a blanket "You might injure them further, so dont do anything" seems like a pretty broad brush.

Again, I wasn't there. I didn't see blood spurting out anywhere, so my first guess is that he's broken every bone in his body. The OP also said he survived, which I doubt he would have if he were bleeding out, since no one was helping to stop any imagined bleeding.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Again, I wasn't there. I didn't see blood spurting out anywhere, so my first guess is that he's broken every bone in his body. The OP also said he survived, which I doubt he would have if he were bleeding out, since no one was helping to stop any imagined bleeding.

The video stops before we could actually see if anyone decided to help. But what we did see is people milling around seemingly confused about what to do. If you're confused about what to do, you're better off staying away. You might do more harm than good. I guess I just come from a world where, when you come across an accident, you stop to help in any way you can. It's important to learn first aid and buddy care, and CPR. Regardless of broken bones, it saves lives.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

A = Airway
B = Breathing
C = Circulation (pulse)

If you could actually apply pressure to obvious external bleeding without moving the person, good luck. If you move him and he comes up with nerve damage or quadriplegia, get a really really good lawyer.

officeguy

A = Airway
B = Breathing
C = Circulation (pulse)

If you could actually apply pressure to obvious external bleeding without moving the person, good luck. If you move him and he comes up with nerve damage or quadriplegia, get a really really good lawyer.

This happened in Florida. Relevant portion underlined.

768.13 Good Samaritan Act; immunity from civil liability.—
(1) This act shall be known and cited as the “Good Samaritan Act.”
(2)(a) Any person, including those licensed to practice medicine, who gratuitously and in good faith renders emergency care or treatment either in direct response to emergency situations related to and arising out of a public health emergency declared pursuant to s. 381.00315, a state of emergency which has been declared pursuant to s. 252.36 or at the scene of an emergency outside of a hospital, doctor’s office, or other place having proper medical equipment, without objection of the injured victim or victims thereof, shall not be held liable for any civil damages as a result of such care or treatment or as a result of any act or failure to act in providing or arranging further medical treatment where the person acts as an ordinary reasonably prudent person would have acted under the same or similar circumstances.

Most states have a similar statute.

PsyOps

Pixelated
A = Airway
B = Breathing
C = Circulation (pulse)

Damned if you do/damned if you don't. If you do nothing, get a good lawyer. If you break the guys neck (which you could easily argue was already broken) moving him trying to stop bleeding, and save his life, I think it doesn't even make it to court.