Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump to (maybe) end joint military exercises with South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    Gee Tranny must be really high up in the Trump staff to know what he got in return if anything.
    She seems to know a lot more than anyone else.
    "She" is not the only one. From the article:

Although the Pentagon said Defense Secretary Jim Mattis was consulted ahead of time, current and former U.S. defense officials expressed concern at the possibility that the United States would unilaterally halt military exercises without an explicit concession from North Korea lowering the threat from Pyongyang.

“I’m sort of stunned about how much we gave up and how little we got in return,” said one former official, saying the decision “borders on irresponsible” and would erode readiness and diminish the credibility of the U.S.-South Korean alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    If you don't like it, go #### yourself.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    "She" is not the only one. From the article:
    "One former official" probably means Hillary Clinton or John Kerry.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Who do you think the "current officials" are?
    If you don't like it, go #### yourself.

I completely fail to see how a "moratorium" on joint training exercises gives anything of real substance away to the NORKs. If they act stupid, the routine exercises could be back on in short order and "business as usual" could continue.
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    I completely fail to see how a "moratorium" on joint training exercises gives anything of real substance away to the NORKs. If they act stupid, the routine exercises could be back on in short order and "business as usual" could continue.
    . Seriously. And we just completed exercises.

We don't conduct those military exercises every day. He didn't pull troops out of South Korea. He didn't tell our ships the steer clear of that region. That's a nonissue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    . Seriously. And we just completed exercises.

We don't conduct those military exercises every day. He didn't pull troops out of South Korea. He didn't tell our ships the steer clear of that region. That's a nonissue.
    I'll know something of substance has occurred when the RoK Navy starts cancelling or scaling back various projects we're...erm..."aware of".

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    What did he "give away" sweetie? Free cancles?
    So far he hasn't given them 400 Million in cash and another 1.4 billion in a later shipment.

He is just proposing a part of the deal. He hasn't given them anything=-------------------yet.
    Now we have to wait and see Un's counter offer.

Blog Entries
    You know, all this guy wants is to be recognized as a national leader, which he is. Obama was such a condescending little #### who thinks the only important person on the face of the earth is him. Trump met with Kim, treated him with respect, and I'm pretty sure that will go a lot further than Barry's half-assed threats and bribes.

This is actually quite a huge deal, and it's amusing to see the sour grapes from the Left. Trump has shown himself to be a statesman, and it galls their ass.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Trump has shown himself to be a statesman, and it galls their ass.
    Yep. That's it in a nutshell. I have to say though..he's doing better than I had expected he could..even allowing for the "wild card disrupter" part that I figured could be a good thing.

Members who have read this thread: 48