Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Codicil to a will

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Damn... you beat me to it. :kicksrocks:
    We could bring up the subject of rusty boats too....
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Good trick.... getting aluminum boats to rust.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    Good trick.... getting aluminum boats to rust.
    ahh..but there is a steel one here too.
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

ahh..but there is a steel one here too.
    And technically, aluminum oxide is a rust, so.... ok.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by SailorGirl View Post
    As far as I know, they're putting me under, said something about twilight something or other. What do you know that I don't?
    I had this done not long ago. I was put under what they called twilight. I cannot imagine not being put under some type of anesthesia (twilight) and pain killer without it. Your optic lens is removed and replaced with a new one. They could have taken my eyeball out and I wouldn't have cared lol. The prep and coming out of it is longer than the surgery. I believe I was home within 4 hours or so. First time, like you I was scared to death not knowing what to expect. The second time around 3 weeks later, I felt like an old pro. You'll be fine.

Thanks. Read the article and although they didn't offer me a choice, they're giving me an IV. That's probably what's making me think I'm being put to sleep.
    s
    You're not actually asleep but you are definately out of it and in an operating room. I remember the bright lights and hearing the staff's voices but that's about it. I did ask what they were putting in my IV beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by mitzi View Post
    You're not actually asleep but you are definately out of it and in an operating room. I remember the bright lights and hearing the staff's voices but that's about it. I did ask what they were putting in my IV beforehand.
    I'm so glad that you responded. When it was mentioned in other posts, that you're not put to sleep and I couldn't for the life of me imagine me being awake during anything involving my eye. How did it turn out for you - how long before you could see?

On a side note. I finished a rough draft of the Codicil. I thought when I first had my will done that there was stuff in there about my funeral wishes but there isn't.

So two further questions. I went to the doctor the other day and they asked me if my "something" was on file. I got the impression they were talking about life saving stuff/measures etc but for the life of me I can't remember what they called it. I plan to live forever was apparently not what they were looking for; so it definitely has something to do with death.

Second question - what do you file your funeral wishes under if not your will?

On a side note. I finished a rough draft of the Codicil. I thought when I first had my will done that there was stuff in there about my funeral wishes but there isn't.

So two further questions. I went to the doctor the other day and they asked me if my "something" was on file. I got the impression they were talking about life saving stuff/measures etc but for the life of me I can't remember what they called it. I plan to live forever was apparently not what they were looking for; so it definitely has something to do with death.

Second question - what do you file your funeral wishes under if not your will?
    Medical Directive? DNR?
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Nothing a torch and a truck to the scrap yard can't take care of.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Members who have read this thread: 105