Dems Discover Obamacare Rate Hikes

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Health and Human Services Department calculated that, overall, premiums more than doubled between 2013 — the year before ObamaCare went into effect — and 2017.

Note that this doubling occurred while President Obama was in the White House (insurers announced their 2017 premiums in the summer of 2016).

The response from Democrats back then to these massive annual hikes in insurance costs?

They said they were temporary, because insurers initially underpriced their plans to attract customers and they had to make up for lost ground. Once ObamaCare markets stabilized, rates would too.

Mostly they argued that double-digit premium increases were no big deal because 87% of the people buying coverage in an ObamaCare exchange are getting subsidies, which effectively shield them from the rate hikes.

Dems Complain About Massive ObamaCare Premium Hikes — After Ignoring Them For Years

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm sorry, but I laugh out loud when some Obama voter and ACA supporter bitches about having to pay $700+/month for health care coverage. One acquaintance in particular, we had a rather spirited disagreement about the impact of "affordable" care, and he INSISTED that we all had to band together to help out those less fortunate than us. Now he's all pissed because *he* can no longer afford his health insurance.

:roflmao:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I'm sorry, but I laugh out loud when some Obama voter and ACA supporter bitches about having to pay $700+/month for health care coverage. One acquaintance in particular, we had a rather spirited disagreement about the impact of "affordable" care, and he INSISTED that we all had to band together to help out those less fortunate than us. Now he's all pissed because *he* can no longer afford his health insurance.

Falls under the catagory "Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it!"

PeoplesElbow

You need to inform him that he needs to do his part to help those less fortunate and point out that he is just being greedy and mean if he doesnt.