Patriarchy Defender

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The totalitarian left doesn't just demand that their own point of view be heard. They want resisters like Peterson never to be heard. When he gives speeches, they bring bullhorns to drown him out.

The pronoun controversy seems silly. "If somebody wants to be called ze or zir, why not?" I ask him for my next online video.

"I don't care what people want to be called," he answered. "But that doesn't mean I should be compelled by law to call them that. The government has absolutely no business whatsoever ever governing the content of your voluntary speech."

What if I politely asked him to call me ze?

"We could have a conversation about that," says Peterson, "just like I would if you asked me to use a nickname. But there's a big difference between privately negotiated modes of address and legislatively demanded, compelled speech."

That sounds like a reasonable, libertarian take on the issue, but for comments like that, Peterson is called "bigot," "Hitler," "transphobic piece of s---."

Patriarchy Defender

Hijinx

The totalitarian left doesn't just demand that their own point of view be heard. They want resisters like Peterson never to be heard. When he gives speeches, they bring bullhorns to drown him out.

The pronoun controversy seems silly. "If somebody wants to be called ze or zir, why not?" I ask him for my next online video.

"I don't care what people want to be called," he answered. "But that doesn't mean I should be compelled by law to call them that. The government has absolutely no business whatsoever ever governing the content of your voluntary speech."

What if I politely asked him to call me ze?

"We could have a conversation about that," says Peterson, "just like I would if you asked me to use a nickname. But there's a big difference between privately negotiated modes of address and legislatively demanded, compelled speech."

That sounds like a reasonable, libertarian take on the issue, but for comments like that, Peterson is called "bigot," "Hitler," "transphobic piece of s---."

Patriarchy Defender

No way I am going to call a transgender what it wishes to be.
If it was born a man its a he or him.
Born a woman a she or her...
Making a new language to soothe these people's insanity is insanity.

This_person

No way I am going to call a transgender what it wishes to be.
If it was born a man its a he or him.
Born a woman a she or her...
Making a new language to soothe these people's insanity is insanity.

If it is not libel nor slander, the highlighted part is really the key. It's not whether some wish to be called something or not, or some wish to call them that or not - it is about government involvement in free speech.

BOP

If it is not libel nor slander, the highlighted part is really the key. It's not whether some wish to be called something or not, or some wish to call them that or not - it is about government involvement in free speech.
It's a never-ending source of fascination to me how leftists, who continually scream about tyranny and facsism and all that are totally down with it as long as they're the ones in charge.