Good news

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
My cousin is in surgery getting a new liver and kidney. I know it's bad news for someone's family, but I didn't think it was going happen in time.
He can point to the day his liver damage was caused. He took 4 extra strength Tylenol and two doses of cold medicine which also contains acetiminophen within four hours, by the end of the week his liver was permanently damaged.

Wow - do they have that as a precaution? He should sue and get $1 million.
The warning labels are on every box and bottle. You can also do immediate damage if you take Tylenol while having alcohol in your system. If you got your drink on then took 2 Tylenol before bed or even the next morning it could do permanent damage.

Also, most of folks do not realize how many marketed meds have full doses of Tylenol as part of the active ingredients. It's rather easy to take damaging doses and not know until too late. It's a real 'thing'.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
My cousin is in surgery getting a new liver and kidney. I know it's bad news for someone's family, but I didn't think it was going happen in time.
He can point to the day his liver damage was caused. He took 4 extra strength Tylenol and two doses of cold medicine which also contains acetiminophen within four hours, by the end of the week his liver was permanently damaged.

4 extra strength Tylenol is A LOT! Glad your cousin was able to receive a new liver and kidney. How did the surgery go?

mudpuddle

I know this is way late-but I just found this. That is really interesting. I haven't really heard much negative feedback about Tylenol. How is your cousin doing today?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I know this is way late-but I just found this. That is really interesting. I haven't really heard much negative feedback about Tylenol. How is your cousin doing today?
He's doing well enough but has an issue balancing the anti rejection medications. You have to have a constant supply of prograf in your blood at all times, but if you have to much it can really screw up the electrolytes and cause heart attacks.

mudpuddle

I hope I didn't give the impression that I take these all at once! lol
Unfortunately, every medication has a negative effect on the body in some way...

mudpuddle

He's doing well enough but has an issue balancing the anti rejection medications. You have to have a constant supply of prograf in your blood at all times, but if you have to much it can really screw up the electrolytes and cause heart attacks.
the body is just so complicated. It's a miracle that any of us are ever alive! I wish him well! You know, you hear about electrolytes, and you really don't give it much thought. At least I never did, until my dad had ended up in the hospital and almost died because his electrolytes were out of balance!

Last edited: