Thread: News

News

Name:  2018-06-14.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  98.0 KB

We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    Name:  2018-06-14.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  98.0 KB

I think the worst I've seen recently - on CNN - was a montage of FOX news hosts and persons excited about the Trump meeting in Singapore,
    with the hosts ridiculing their optimism. I don't watch CNN at night much - and this was early morning, when the meeting took place - but
    I was stunned to see the network that I watched religiously through the Gulf War openly mocking another network - because they had high hopes
    for this meeting. Until THAT moment, I actually thought CNN made an attempt to be fair about the news, however biased they might be.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    I think the worst I've seen recently - on CNN - was a montage of FOX news hosts and persons excited about the Trump meeting in Singapore,
    with the hosts ridiculing their optimism. I don't watch CNN at night much - and this was early morning, when the meeting took place - but
    I was stunned to see the network that I watched religiously through the Gulf War openly mocking another network - because they had high hopes
    for this meeting. Until THAT moment, I actually thought CNN made an attempt to be fair about the news, however biased they might be.
    Whoa: what took you so long?
    You are a smart guy. What took you so long?

From the WaPo (can't link, paywall)

Perhaps the most damaging new revelation in the report, according to multiple people familiar with it, is a previously unreported text message in which Peter Strzok, a key investigator on both the Clinton email case and the investigation of Russia and the Trump campaign, assured an FBI lawyer in August 2016 that “we’ll stop” Trump from making it to the White House.
    “[Trump’s] not ever going to become president, right? Right?!” the lawyer, Lisa Page, wrote to Strzok.
    “No. No he won’t. We’ll stop it,” Strzok responded.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    From the WaPo (can't link, paywall)

Perhaps the most damaging new revelation in the report, according to multiple people familiar with it, is a previously unreported text message in which Peter Strzok, a key investigator on both the Clinton email case and the investigation of Russia and the Trump campaign, assured an FBI lawyer in August 2016 that “we’ll stop” Trump from making it to the White House.
    “[Trump’s] not ever going to become president, right? Right?!” the lawyer, Lisa Page, wrote to Strzok.
    “No. No he won’t. We’ll stop it,” Strzok responded.
    Where's Tranny to tell us this actually proves collusion by Russians and Trump?

Members who have read this thread: 38