Picky about your dog's haircut?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It always makes me laugh when I'm at the groomer and I see some doggie lady (and it's always a woman) giving explicit instructions on how her pooch is to be cut, or going off because her dog's hair is a millimeter too short.

Heck, I'm not that picky about my *own* haircut.

I tell the groomer to cut Apollo short all over, trim up the face and tail, and clip his nails. Sometimes s/he will say, "How short?" to which I reply, "Pretty short." So far he's always come out looking great. Sometimes they square off his ears, sometimes they taper them. It's all good.

One groomer in Lincoln, NE did a job worth remarking on - she balanced out his skinny legs by leaving the hair a little longer, and I liked it that way but not enough to instruct other groomers to do the same. Shelley, Apollo's regular groomer in SoMD, would occasionally get creative with him, but that was for her own fun because she knew I didn't care.

So tell the truth: are you dogmomzilla or do you just tell the groomer to do their thing?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I never get the dog's hair cut, after a good bath, drying, and brushing about half of his coat has been removed.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I'm pretty much happy that the moose doesn't smell when I pick him up from the groomer. He gets the works, though. Teeth brushed, nails trimmed, trim and blow out. I hate trimming his fur, but it makes it easier for the groomer to brush him out. His fur is so thick. In the colder months he doesn't get the trim, but everything else. I'm not terribly picky, but if I pick him up one day and they've buzzed him, there will be hell to pay.

glhs837

Power with Control
The little Pom-Yorkie gets trimmed once in a while, wife says "Puppy cut", he comes back with shorter fur :) Goes from Wee Chewbacca to this......

Dunkin inyourface.jpg

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Maggie wasn't the type of dog that needed particular cuts, just the works of nail trims, teeth, and heavy on the brush out. I don't even know if they ever trimmed her :shrug: I could care less. She wouldn't let me touch her, so I had to make the groomers do it :lol:

my grandmother had a standing apt with her mini schnauzer's groomer every 6 or 8 weeks or something. She's a little particular but I think it mostly just gave her something to fret over :lol:

luvmygdaughters

I used to take my girl Nikki twice a year for bath, trim and summer clip. She was double coated, so her fur was very thick and heavy. The only instructions I would give, is not to shave her tail. She was a gorgeous dog and her tail was beautiful. My mother told me (not sure where she read it at) that if you clip a dogs tail, it causes them to be, embarrassed, for lack of a better word. Before my mother told me this I did have her tail clipped, and I swear, she acted like she didnt want to go outside, when my daughter brought my granddog over, Nikki would go in the bedroom and wouldnt come out. And she and my Granddog were best buddies!!! Anyone else notice this?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I used to take my girl Nikki twice a year for bath, trim and summer clip. She was double coated, so her fur was very thick and heavy. The only instructions I would give, is not to shave her tail. She was a gorgeous dog and her tail was beautiful. My mother told me (not sure where she read it at) that if you clip a dogs tail, it causes them to be, embarrassed, for lack of a better word. Before my mother told me this I did have her tail clipped, and I swear, she acted like she didnt want to go outside, when my daughter brought my granddog over, Nikki would go in the bedroom and wouldnt come out. And she and my Granddog were best buddies!!! Anyone else notice this?

Apollo's tail usually gets clipped close, with a generous tassel at the end that he waves around. I have never specifically asked for this, but that's they way most of them do it. I don't think I've ever had a groomer shave his tail.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
This dog came back from the groomer looking like a sheep

Dogs come in all shapes and sizes.

Some dogs have even conquered disabilities.

Something you don't see every day though, is a dog that looks shockingly like a sheep.

Thanks to some pampering at Yorikokoro, a dog salon based in Japan, this pup returned from a grooming session looking like quite the fluffball — a cute fluffball, but a fluffball nonetheless.

dog.jpg

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle...thing-youll-see-all-day/ar-AAyF4pn?li=BBnb7Kz

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: