Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Highly successful women with dirtbags?

  1. #1
    Registered User PeoplesElbow's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Smackdown hotel
    Posts
    6,033

    Highly successful women with dirtbags?

    I know a couple highly successful women (career wise) who are with guys that aren't exactly ambitious in life. One of the guys has been fired from a couple jobs for not coming to work half the time, he is so lazy he doesn't bathe that often (from the smell of it). I just don't see the attraction to guys that mooch off them and only sort of hold down a job.

    Ladies, why?
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

  2. #2
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    126,742
    Blog Entries
    2
    That's the biggest thing that's annoying me about Sons of Anarchy - Tara and Jax. Are you freaking kidding me???

    However:

    What women really want, especially when they are in a man's world with their career, is to feel like a woman. To be loved and cared for emotionally. A woman will put up with a lot of crap from a guy who at least acts like he treasures her and is the male to her female. This is where "successful" men with boatloads of money and stuff go awry: *they* are the stars of their relationship and don't give their woman the affection and love she needs to be happy.

    Dumb men say things like, "Oh, he must have a really big hmm-hmm," which explains why they don't have a devoted woman buzzing around them. It's not about the big hmm-hmm or the big wallet; it's about the big affection and making her feel wanted.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  3. #3
    Imagine No Democrats Kyle's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    15,115
    Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    I just don't see the attraction to guys that mooch off them and only sort of hold down a job.

    I need to get a gig like that.
    ___________________________________________________________
    "If You Donít Read the Newspaper You Are Uninformed, If You Do Read the Newspaper You Are Misinformed." - Mark Twain

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    I know a couple highly successful women (career wise) who are with guys that aren't exactly ambitious in life. One of the guys has been fired from a couple jobs for not coming to work half the time, he is so lazy he doesn't bathe that often (from the smell of it). I just don't see the attraction to guys that mooch off them and only sort of hold down a job.

    Ladies, why?
    What is the ratio of that situation to the opposite, where a man works himself into an early grave supporting a female with no visible redeeming character traits?

  5. #5
    Registered User PeoplesElbow's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Smackdown hotel
    Posts
    6,033
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    That's the biggest thing that's annoying me about Sons of Anarchy - Tara and Jax. Are you freaking kidding me???

    However:

    What women really want, especially when they are in a man's world with their career, is to feel like a woman. To be loved and cared for emotionally. A woman will put up with a lot of crap from a guy who at least acts like he treasures her and is the male to her female. This is where "successful" men with boatloads of money and stuff go awry: *they* are the stars of their relationship and don't give their woman the affection and love she needs to be happy.

    Dumb men say things like, "Oh, he must have a really big hmm-hmm," which explains why they don't have a devoted woman buzzing around them. It's not about the big hmm-hmm or the big wallet; it's about the big affection and making her feel wanted.
    Well in at least one of these cases the guy sure doesn't act like he cherishes her, he goes out drinking with the guys while she goes to bed early so she can go to work and he calls out so often with a hangover that he has almost been fired multiple times. This guy isn't even the bad boy type, just a loser that hasn't grown up yet.

    I know another guy whose wife I wouldn't call highly successful, but more so than him. He talks bad about her all the time, calls her fat and on travel looks for someone to cheat with the entire time. This poor girl even bought her own wedding ring.

    I just don't get it.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

  6. #6
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    126,742
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    Well in at least one of these cases the guy sure doesn't act like he cherishes her, he goes out drinking with the guys while she goes to bed early so she can go to work and he calls out so often with a hangover that he has almost been fired multiple times. This guy isn't even the bad boy type, just a loser that hasn't grown up yet.

    I know another guy whose wife I wouldn't call highly successful, but more so than him. He talks bad about her all the time, calls her fat and on travel looks for someone to cheat with the entire time. This poor girl even bought her own wedding ring.
    Oh well, I tried.

    I have no idea why people stick with a mate that treats them like crap and is a waste in general. Low self-esteem? Don't think they can do any better?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  7. #7
    Registered User PeoplesElbow's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Smackdown hotel
    Posts
    6,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Blister View Post
    What is the ratio of that situation to the opposite, where a man works himself into an early grave supporting a female with no visible redeeming character traits?
    Those situations are almost always based on what she looks like....
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

  8. #8
    Doris Day meets Lady Gaga Bann's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Prince Frederick
    Posts
    26,786
    Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    Well in at least one of these cases the guy sure doesn't act like he cherishes her, he goes out drinking with the guys while she goes to bed early so she can go to work and he calls out so often with a hangover that he has almost been fired multiple times. This guy isn't even the bad boy type, just a loser that hasn't grown up yet.

    I know another guy whose wife I wouldn't call highly successful, but more so than him. He talks bad about her all the time, calls her fat and on travel looks for someone to cheat with the entire time. This poor girl even bought her own wedding ring.

    I just don't get it.
    I think that's just a dysfunctional relationship regardless of whether it was a man or a woman - nothing like what Vrai was describing. I agree with her take about women who want to feel cherished and loved in their relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    That makes him a hoot and 3/4!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Oh well, I tried.

    I have no idea why people stick with a mate that treats them like crap and is a waste in general. Low self-esteem? Don't think they can do any better?
    When I've seen it, it's for the same reason highly successful MEN are with women who - looks notwithstanding - don't really have much going for them otherwise.

    They're disposable.

    A man or woman with a human piece of excrement who is NOT successful might have all kinds of issues, but one that is doesn't NEED them.
    If your significant other is nothing more than arm candy, you don't need them.
    ďIt is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds." Teddy Roosevelt

Members who have read this thread: 59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |