Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 151 to 160 of 160

Thread: James Comey

  1. #151
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    28,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    He secured guilty pleas and cooperation from both of those Guys. Why would they plea if all they did was make a misleading statement, and why would they cooperate unless it helped them in some way?
    Maybe they pled guilty because they could see that Mueller has the money of the Government behind him and they have to use their own in defense, and they could see no sense in bankrupting themselves over such puny charges.

  2. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    How do you know what charges they faced prior to their plea deals? The vast majority of the legal documents in the prose are under seal.
    Then, why assume it is anything about collusion and not a child sex-slave ring? Wouldn't there have to be some amount of evidence that there was collusion for that to be an assumption?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    I'm sure Trump will be charged with more crimes before Hillary.

    Please pin this for future reference

    Pinned, as requested.....

  3. #153
    Registered User Midnightrider's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NU
    Posts
    13,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    Maybe they pled guilty because they could see that Mueller has the money of the Government behind him and they have to use their own in defense, and they could see no sense in bankrupting themselves over such puny charges.
    Then why cooperate?
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

  4. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    Then why cooperate?
    Maybe because it is patriot to do so?

    Maybe because there is no reason not to?

    Maybe because they were caught in 10 "gotcha" situations, and plead to 1 so they could get out of the other 9?

    Maybe because they are part of a huge gun smuggling ring, and ready to turn Trump in for that (has as much evidence behind it as Trump campaign and/or administration collusion with Russian government officials)?


    Perhaps we could do this all day, but what would be the point? Neither of us knows any more than the other, but you seem to have Jumped to Conclusions.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	123244
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    I'm sure Trump will be charged with more crimes before Hillary.

    Please pin this for future reference

    Pinned, as requested.....

  5. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    He secured guilty pleas and cooperation from both of those Guys. Why would they plea if all they did was make a misleading statement, and why would they cooperate unless it helped them in some way?
    Please, slowly, follow the logic:

    Muller has been charged with investigating Russian intrusion into our election. He is also charged with finding any evidence that the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians to change the outcome of the election

    Flynn and Papa D lied about their dealings with Russia. We do not know what those dealings were. They plead guilty to lying about this.

    Mueller, specifically looking for collusion with the Russians to change the outcome of the election is going to allow Flynn and Papa D to plea Mueller's mandate away, when he could easily say "I got them. I got collusion. I was able to find there was collusion with the Trump admin." Your assertion is, Mueller was willing to allow Flynn and Papa D to plea that away.

    NO WAY IN HELL!

    My guess is there were other unrelated charges that were plead out. But it certainly wasn't collusion.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  6. #156
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    28,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    Then why cooperate?
    What co-operation? has Mueller charged Trump with anything?

  7. #157
    Registered User Midnightrider's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NU
    Posts
    13,119
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    Please, slowly, follow the logic:

    Muller has been charged with investigating Russian intrusion into our election. He is also charged with finding any evidence that the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians to change the outcome of the election

    Flynn and Papa D lied about their dealings with Russia. We do not know what those dealings were. They plead guilty to lying about this.

    Mueller, specifically looking for collusion with the Russians to change the outcome of the election is going to allow Flynn and Papa D to plea Mueller's mandate away, when he could easily say "I got them. I got collusion. I was able to find there was collusion with the Trump admin." Your assertion is, Mueller was willing to allow Flynn and Papa D to plea that away.

    NO WAY IN HELL!

    My guess is there were other unrelated charges that were plead out. But it certainly wasn't collusion.

    They didnít plea anything away. They are cooperating.


    what unrelated charges would papa have been guilty of? What other deals with the Russians might he have been lying about?
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

  8. #158
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    28,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    They didn’t plea anything away. They are cooperating.


    what unrelated charges would papa have been guilty of? What other deals with the Russians might he have been lying about?
    Cooperating with what?
    What has he gotten out of them?

  9. #159
    Registered User Midnightrider's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NU
    Posts
    13,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    Cooperating with what?
    What has he gotten out of them?
    Just like everyone else, you are going to have to wait for the report.
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

  10. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    Just like everyone else, you are going to have to wait for the report.
    And, like everyone else, you should refrain from making assumptions about the what that report will say with no evidence to back up your assumptions. You won't, but you should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    I'm sure Trump will be charged with more crimes before Hillary.

    Please pin this for future reference

    Pinned, as requested.....

Members who have read this thread: 62

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |