FBI Agents Regularly Received Free Handouts From Journalists

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Department of Justice inspector general identified a number of instances where FBI employees regularly spoke with members of the media and received a number of free perks from journalists including meals and tickets to various events.

[clip]

In the following paragraph, the IG implies that such benefits could have encouraged various agents to leak information to the press.

“The harm caused by leaks, fear of potential leaks, and a culture of unauthorized media contacts is illustrated in Chapters Ten and Eleven of our report, where we detail the fact that these issues influenced FBI officials who were advising Comey on consequential investigative decisions in October 2016,” the report states.

The IG is unambiguous in its opinion that the problem with leaking is not “with the FBI’s policy, which we found to be clear and unambiguous.” Instead, the leaking phenomenon “appears to be a cultural attitude among many in the organization.”

IG Report: FBI Agents Regularly Received Free Handouts From Journalists

SamSpade

This astonishes me. Almost all law enforcement that I have KNOWN would refuse anything.
That's not to say the local donut shop might not give them a free cup or some vendor might not reward them, but most cops
I have KNOWN would never ever take any kind of gift.

I know as a federal employee, not only are there rules for accepting anything, but they're even tighter on gifts AMONG employees,
such as those from staff to supervisor and so on.

This is the FBI. As such, they need to be held to the highest standard.
For every incident proven I think there should be swift disciplinary action.

BOP

This astonishes me. Almost all law enforcement that I have KNOWN would refuse anything.
That's not to say the local donut shop might not give them a free cup or some vendor might not reward them, but most cops

I know as a federal employee, not only are there rules for accepting anything, but they're even tighter on gifts AMONG employees,

So basically, the FBI is made up of cheap whoores who'll put out for SWAG.

black dog

Free America

Our local city police and north county sheriff's deputys get free coffee, sodas, donuts, wraps, pizza, tacos, frys and so on from one family owned gas station chain.
Wanna guess where most ( not all ) of the LEO hang out at when nothing's going on?

Hijinx

Our local city police and north county sheriff's deputys get free coffee, sodas, donuts, wraps, pizza, tacos, frys and so on from one family owned gas station chain.
Wanna guess where most ( not all ) of the LEO hang out at when nothing's going on?

Well it's well know where those LEO's go for coffee. The more they hang around the less chance they have a gun wielding thief come in to rob them.
Isn't that worth a few donuts.?

black dog

Free America
Well it's well know where those LEO's go for coffee. The more they hang around the less chance they have a gun wielding thief come in to rob them.
Isn't that worth a few donuts.?

It's a great deal at a cheap price for security,
Oh I agree, but is that on a even keel for the rest of the businesses and residents of our small town?

I believe in the last two years we have had 5 robbery's of businesses, one bank and the dollar stores four times.We have two gas stations in town and they never seem to get robbed or have problems.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I believe in the last two years we have had 5 robbery's of businesses, one bank and the dollar stores four times.We have two gas stations in town and they never seem to get robbed or have problems.

you don't rob the stores where the cops hang out

Hijinx

It's a great deal at a cheap price for security,
Oh I agree, but is that on a even keel for the rest of the businesses and residents of our small town?

A robber is really aiming high when they rob a Dollar Store.

black dog

Free America
A robber is really aiming high when they rob a Dollar Store.

LOL.. The options are, 4 banks, 2 grocery stores, 2 gas stations, McDonald's, Subway, Pizza King, Family Dollar, 2 Dollar Generals, Chinese restaurant,CVS, Village Pantry and a seasonal ice cream shop.. And that's from one end of town to the other.

The Dollar stores most likely are the cash cows in a worn out town of 5,000.
Sad but true... The meth dealers most likely carry more cash..

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I was thinking dirty cops on the take.

And let's not forget that Obama's appointees and other agencies helped with the Coup.

The CIA, DIA and NSA are likely just as corrupt.

The loudest Obama mouthpieces, behind Comey, have been Brennan and Clapper.