"Progress" is making us dumb

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/06/13/iq-scores-decline/

“The causes in IQ increases over time and now the decline is due to environmental factors,” said Rogeburg, who believes the change is not due to genetics.

“It’s not that dumb people are having more kids than smart people, to put it crudely. It’s something to do with the environment, because we’re seeing the same differences within families,” he said.

These environmental factors could include changes in the education system and media environment, nutrition, reading less and being online more, Rogeberg said.

While it's true that dumb people are indeed popping out more spawn than smart people, it's also true that we're seeing less focus on reading and critical analysis, and more emphasis on being spoonfed information and encouraged to regurgitate it. I have no doubt that this is by design. We only think Leftists masters are stupid; they're not, and in fact they are brilliant sociologists and psychologists who know how human behavior works.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
... it's also true that we're seeing less focus on reading and critical analysis, and more emphasis on being spoonfed information and encouraged to regurgitate it ...

children are not being Challenged ... pass along, get along

RodRugg

This is so true believe me! My grandma said at her "church" they was having a fundraiser where the kids there was gonna make pancakes and then the adults was gonna show up and eat them and pay the kids for them and then the kids was gonna give that money to the adults so they could give it to the pastor so him and his wife could travel down to Arab or South America or whatever and preach. Anyways all them kids was too stupid to read how to make pancakes so they just sat around for three hours until the adults all showed up. When the adults got there they ended up shoving them kids around and telling them not to be so stupid. Some of them was really hungry because they been saving up all day just to eat pancakes at dinnertime so they just left and never came back. The rest of the adults felt bad for the kids and gave them some money anyway. When the kids gave it back there was $20 missing so they all got shoved around some more by the adults. When the adults gave it to the pastor it was just $38 and the pastor started screaming what was he supposed to do with that because it wouldn't even buy enough gas to go to Alabama and he was supposed to go a lot farther than that. My grandma said them kids was stupid because they are always on the computer and never reading their Bibles or recipes or whatever. She didn't say that exactly because she can't say the word computer or television without twitching really bad but I knew what she meant. Electricity is the worst thing that ever happened to people.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is so true believe me! My grandma said at her "church" they was having a fundraiser where the kids there was gonna make pancakes and then the adults was gonna show up and eat them and pay the kids for them and then the kids was gonna give that money to the adults so they could give it to the pastor so him and his wife could travel down to Arab or South America or whatever and preach. Anyways all them kids was too stupid to read how to make pancakes so they just sat around for three hours until the adults all showed up. When the adults got there they ended up shoving them kids around and telling them not to be so stupid. Some of them was really hungry because they been saving up all day just to eat pancakes at dinnertime so they just left and never came back. The rest of the adults felt bad for the kids and gave them some money anyway. When the kids gave it back there was $20 missing so they all got shoved around some more by the adults. When the adults gave it to the pastor it was just $38 and the pastor started screaming what was he supposed to do with that because it wouldn't even buy enough gas to go to Alabama and he was supposed to go a lot farther than that. My grandma said them kids was stupid because they are always on the computer and never reading their Bibles or recipes or whatever. She didn't say that exactly because she can't say the word computer or television without twitching really bad but I knew what she meant. Electricity is the worst thing that ever happened to people.

:roflmao:

Thanks, I needed that. :yay:

PeoplesElbow

This tells me a couple things.
1) IQ doesn't measure only intelligence but is affected by experiences and learning also, it is probably impossible to measure intelligence only regardless of past learning and experiences.

2) Our younger people are being ruined by not having to figure things out for themselves. I see engineers coming out of college that have zero problem solving skills beyond google the answer.