Chargrilled oysters are SO good

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why do you suppose Maryland has never embraced them? They're not difficult to make and pretty much any seafood restaurant should be able to turn them out. Why don't they?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
They have them at every TT oysters and beer event. They are unbelievably good and usually the only serving spot with a waiting line when they have the event.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The only way to ruin an oyster is to cook it.

I prepare oysters a half dozen+ different ways and love em all. Raw, steamed, Rockefeller, oregano, horseradish-cheese, grilled, stew, fried, casserole, turkey stuffing, oyster pie,smoked, ..

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In my younger days I used to farm oysters.

I would never eat one after that.

Yeah, oysters gross me out. But when they're covered in butter and cheese you can pretend they're something else.

FUN FACT: Raw oysters live in your stomach for several minutes after you swallow them, until your stomach acids do them in. YUM!

Bonehead

None raw for me. A long time ago a friend and I went diving in St Georges creek and once we sat on the bottom and the silt cleared could harvest a bushel within an arms length. My friend once spat out his regulator and sucked an oyster from it's shell while on the bottom with a big grin... good times ! Not any more the oysters are all dead from disease.

littlelady

God bless the USA
None raw for me. A long time ago a friend and I went diving in St Georges creek and once we sat on the bottom and the silt cleared could harvest a bushel within an arms length. My friend once spat out his regulator and sucked an oyster from it's shell while on the bottom with a big grin... good times ! Not any more the oysters are all dead from disease.

That’s depressing.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
They are coming back very strong and disease free in the creek and elsewhere. There is even a vigorous and successful oyster farming operation right next to the Ruddy Duck.

black dog

Free America
They are coming back very strong and disease free in the creek and elsewhere. There is even a vigorous and successful oyster farming operation right next to the Ruddy Duck.

That would be awesome, as a young man my dad would take me diving for oysters each winter on the Choptank and Magothy..
How great it would be to walk again in grass along shores the of the bay and tributaries for softshells with a dipnet.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That would be awesome, as a young man my dad would take me diving for oysters each winter on the Choptank and Magothy..
How great it would be to walk again in grass along shores the of the bay and tributaries for softshells with a dipnet.

That's all been coming back in the last decade. We regularly have a lot of grass and weed in our cove off St. George's Creek now...and along with that large schools of minnows, crabs, etc. And when we have one of those really low tides, I can just walk out on the mud bottom and pick up oysters...takes only minutes to fill a bucket.

black dog

Free America
That's all been coming back in the last decade. We regularly have a lot of grass and weed in our cove off St. George's Creek now...and along with that large schools of minnows, crabs, etc. And when we have one of those really low tides, I can just walk out on the mud bottom and pick up oysters...takes only minutes to fill a bucket.

That's incredible, hopefully in twenty more years all the rivers will be that way.