Fact checking an habitual liar...

transporter

...it must be difficult fact checking an habitual liar like Trump. On the positive side...Trump have provided fact checkers with a superior level of job security.

https://www.apnews.com/dc4151910700...CK:-Trump-on-FBI,-phantom-law-on-migrant-kids

There is a long list this time. Here is one culled out for Gilligan...

TRUMP: “The economy is the best it’s ever been with employment being at an all-time high.” — tweet Wednesday.

THE FACTS: Thanks largely to population growth, the number of people with jobs is, in fact, at a record high of 155.5 million. But a more relevant measure — the proportion of Americans with jobs — isn’t even close to a record.

Last month, 60.4 percent of Americans 16 and older had jobs. That is up from the recession and its aftermath, when many Americans stopped looking for work. It bottomed out at 58.2 percent in July 2011. Both figures are far below the record high of 64.7 percent, which was briefly reached in 2000. At the beginning of the 2008-2009 recession, 62.7 percent of Americans had jobs.

Economists estimate that at least half of the decline reflects ongoing retirements by the huge baby boom generation. For Americans in their prime working years — age 25 through 54 — roughly 79 percent have jobs. That’s up substantially from the post-recession low of 74.8 percent in November 2010. But it’s below the record of 81.9 percent in April 2000.

This piece misses a lot from yesterday's stroll across the WH grounds with reporters...but who can keep up with all the BS Trump spews?

black dog

Free America
rimg (6).jpeg

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
So when your story says "...the number of people with jobs is, in fact, at a record high of 155.5 million." You're saying it is a lie. That is some funny sh!t right there.

SamSpade

So when your story says "...the number of people with jobs is, in fact, at a record high of 155.5 million." You're saying it is a lie. That is some funny sh!t right there.

THIS is why I'm learning to totally ignore what these guys say anymore.
The "fact" checker is splitting hairs because - he's right.

I half expect them to call him a liar when he says "I had eggs for breakfast".
"LIAR!! You had oatmeal! This man is always lying".

Geez. Get a grip.

Hijinx

She's drunk, so....

Not drunk.These are the insane ravings of a person with TDS
Now there are different degrees of the syndrome.
Unfortunately s/he is in the 4th stage.
The stage right before they put a plastic bag over their head--- tie a necktie tightly around the neck
and sit in the chair and think hateful thoughts of Donald Trump until they suck all of the air out of the bag-- either that or
there are cases on record where they do this and masturbate to pictures of Bill and Hillary Clinton or Barrack Obama right to the end.

For fourth stage patients it is impossible for them to admit that their candidate was worse than ours and that is why Trump won.

SamSpade

I'm still just amused that a man is being called a liar over something that they admit is 100% factually TRUE.