Autistic student gives HS graduation speech

SamSpade

My son - who has a somewhat severe learning disability - was given instruction by an autistic man.
He was able to draw him out like no one else ever had - but because he'd been on the other side, he saw patterns no one else bothered to find.
For example, he noticed a pattern where my son's math errors increased with time - he said that as he saw time running out,
he was panicking and randomly guessing. When he gave him unlimited time - he got them all right! I was amazed.

Hijinx

My son - who has a somewhat severe learning disability - was given instruction by an autistic man.
He was able to draw him out like no one else ever had - but because he'd been on the other side, he saw patterns no one else bothered to find.
For example, he noticed a pattern where my son's math errors increased with time - he said that as he saw time running out,
he was panicking and randomly guessing. When he gave him unlimited time - he got them all right! I was amazed.

I hope this boy has a great future, but the deck is stacked against him.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I hope this boy has a great future, but the deck is stacked against him.

The deck is stacked against everyone in some way or another. It's how you play those cards you're dealt.

With his amazing outlook and perspective, Sef seems to be lightyears ahead of most people and has a great chance at living his best life.