Thread: Autistic student gives HS graduation speech

Blog Entries

Autistic student gives HS graduation speech

Well done young man.

"Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    I do this #### all day long, deal with freaks and wackjobs - BM

Veterans before illegals

My son - who has a somewhat severe learning disability - was given instruction by an autistic man.
    He was able to draw him out like no one else ever had - but because he'd been on the other side, he saw patterns no one else bothered to find.
    For example, he noticed a pattern where my son's math errors increased with time - he said that as he saw time running out,
    he was panicking and randomly guessing. When he gave him unlimited time - he got them all right! I was amazed.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    My son - who has a somewhat severe learning disability - was given instruction by an autistic man.
    He was able to draw him out like no one else ever had - but because he'd been on the other side, he saw patterns no one else bothered to find.
    For example, he noticed a pattern where my son's math errors increased with time - he said that as he saw time running out,
    he was panicking and randomly guessing. When he gave him unlimited time - he got them all right! I was amazed.
    I hope this boy has a great future, but the deck is stacked against him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    I hope this boy has a great future, but the deck is stacked against him.

The deck is stacked against everyone in some way or another. It's how you play those cards you're dealt.

With his amazing outlook and perspective, Sef seems to be lightyears ahead of most people and has a great chance at living his best life.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    That makes him a hoot and 3/4!

Wow. That was awesome. Thanks for posting and making me tear up.

Go, Sef!

Members who have read this thread: 30