Planet Fitness woman filmed achieving target heart rate

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why wouldn't the guy press charges and try to take that nutbag off the streets for at least a few minutes?

Misfit

Lawful neutral
The desk guy slips her punches and even catches her with a quick counter that she sells a little too much IMO.

SamSpade

I can't find anything on the web explaining why she flew off into such a rage.
All I know is she said she'd "come back" and that she'd kill him.
So, she was being asked to leave, I suppose?

Anyone? What on earth would set her off?

mAlice

professional daydreamer

What sets anyone off anymore?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

She's freaking crazy?

Clearly she's not a regular at the gym, so I'm more interested in what she was doing there.

SamSpade

What sets anyone off anymore?

The hardest thing for me to do in these instances is to try to get in the mind of the assailant.
There's a very small number of things that would enrage me - say, an adult bullying or assaulting my child.
Nutcases like this, who knows? I still have to assume that SOMETHING did it.

SamSpade

She's freaking crazy?

Clearly she's not a regular at the gym, so I'm more interested in what she was doing there.

So maybe she was trying to use stuff for free - she wouldn't leave - and he insulted her after asking her to leave.
Any bets?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The hardest thing for me to do in these instances is to try to get in the mind of the assailant.
There's a very small number of things that would enrage me - say, an adult bullying or assaulting my child.
Nutcases like this, who knows? I still have to assume that SOMETHING did it.

Ah, there's where you're going awry. You are trying to equate the behavior of a mentally ill person with your own behavior, which is impossible. It's like asking what was Jeffrey Dahmer thinking? What set him off? Sometimes there's no motive other than people are freaking crazy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So maybe she was trying to use stuff for free - she wouldn't leave - and he insulted her after asking her to leave.
Any bets?

She's not dressed for the gym, not even close, so I don't think she was there to use the equipment.

Maybe the guy she's beating up is her boyfriend and she's pissed at him for whatever reason? That's my guess. I see good looking black men with skanky white ho bags all the time, so it fits. That would also explain why he didn't press charges.

SamSpade

Ah, there's where you're going awry. You are trying to equate the behavior of a mentally ill person with your own behavior, which is impossible. It's like asking what was Jeffrey Dahmer thinking? What set him off? Sometimes there's no motive other than people are freaking crazy.

This is strangely why my wife and I like "Criminal Minds". It goes - however briefly - into the minds of crazy people to show how they think.
I'm often amazed that while profiling isn't precise, catching these kinds of killers shows they're not smart at all - they just think so different and
in such psychotic ways, we're ill-equipped to grasp it.

Well, the other reason was - until recently - my wife liked to see Shemar Moore on it.
She watches his new show now.

Ever hear or read this story? It's a test to see if you might be a psychopath. It's actually not very accurate, but it gives an idea into
the mind of a person who thinks that way.

While at her own mother's funeral, a woman meets a guy she doesn't know.
She thinks this guy is amazing — her dream man — and is pretty sure he could be the love of her life.
However, she never asked for his name or number and afterwards could not
find anyone who knows who he was. A few days later the girl kills her own sister – but why?”

There are many ways to answer this question, but if you suggest that it’s because the girl thought
the man would turn up at her sister’s subsequent funeral, you’re apparently a bit of a psychopath

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There are many ways to answer this question, but if you suggest that it’s because the girl thought
the man would turn up at her sister’s subsequent funeral, you’re apparently a bit of a psychopath

I'm relieved that that answer didn't even cross my mind. :lol:

Since you're a parent, I know at some point you've tried to reason with a toddler. Same concept: whatever is torking them off is incomprehensible to the adult mind.

Tech

McFlurry machine was down.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Maybe they were out of pizza. :shrug: