I'll Go With Safety Hazzard

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"This glass mosaic torso is laying on the ground and someone is following me around demanding my personal information,” Goodman told local media. “‘Maybe this is like 800 or something.’ No, it’s $132,000!”

The city's insurance company sent the Goodmans a bill for the full price of the statue, claiming that they were negligent in not closely supervising their young children. The statue, it turns out, was "on loan to the city," and they aren't happy that someone at a party knocked it over.

“There’s a societal responsibility that you may not interact with it if it’s not designed for interaction," a city official told WGN.

The Goodmans say they had no idea the art was expensive, and that something that precious should have been placed behind glass or marked with a "do not touch" sign. Standing alone and unsecured in a hallway, the statue was a safety hazard.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/31972/kansas-family-forced-pay-132000-after-kid-breaks-emily-zanotti

glhs837

Power with Control
Yeah, seems a bit silly to mount a piece that expensive that openly and subject to tipping in a community cneter where you should probably expect children.

edinsomd

Stupid on both sides 1) not minding kids, 2) unprotected / uninsured valuable object = off setting penalties. $66K to each, or STFU and make another one.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The insurance company is trying to welsh out, and I'm sure a judge/jury will see it that way.