The media lies we've been fed

littlelady

God bless the USA
They are not mistakes, but intentional. That is what is so scary, and troubling.

And, just to head off transporter, I didn’t have to read the article to know what I, already, knew.

Last edited:

SamSpade

How about the one this past week - posted on CBS, USA Today etc all saying Sarah Huckabee Sanders was quitting?
And when asked, she said neither she nor the other person involved have any intention on leaving - maybe they could have asked HER.

Midnightrider

How about the one this past week - posted on CBS, USA Today etc all saying Sarah Huckabee Sanders was quitting?
And when asked, she said neither she nor the other person involved have any intention on leaving - maybe they could have asked HER.
To be fair, it is her job to lie. She has denied plenty of things just as firmly and the next day those things indeed happened.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

This is a full scale disinformation campaign by the mainstream ( AKA Leftist ) media.

Pounding the Russian bull#### was wearing thin on the public, as was the stormy Daniels, white house chaos and tax evasion allegations. ( commented on by Al Sharpton no less, if that isn't a howl! :lmao: )

I see them pounding on the immigration narrative and NK until it fizzles, in the hope it carries them to November.

If it fails and turns on the democrats their next tact will have to be a rapid cycle of lies that come too fast for the WH to address adequately.

transporter

And here it is:

https://sharylattkisson.com/2018/06/10/50-media-mistakes-in-the-trump-era-the-definitive-list/

You Trump haters believe because you want to believe, not because it's true.

wow..helluva of a list there sweetheart...did you read it or just post it??

Couple of thoughts:

1. (And this is for Littlelady too)...they aren't "lies" if a correction is issued. Would you like me to begin working on a list of actual lies that have come from the mouth of Donald Trump that have not been corrected? Can we add Kelly Ann Conway and Sarah Sanders to that list as well?

2. The first 5 on the list are about as irrelevant as can be.

3. Trump Tower was not "wiretapped"..

4. If you go and actually read the corrections, much of this is semantics. Ex. #45...Cohen's phone reported as "wiretapped"...no they weren't listening in....his calls were logged. In other words, he was the target. Ex. #46...the fines and penalties were true...they were for Cohen's partner...not Cohen.

Again...none of this changes the obvious facts that Trump is unfit for office....none of this changes the fact that Trump isn't making America Great...he isn't making America First...he is created an isolated America. One our allies can't trust and our enemies laugh at.

If you would pull your head out of your ass and look around, you would realize this.

SamSpade

To be fair, it is her job to lie. She has denied plenty of things just as firmly and the next day those things indeed happened.

Sooooo - she IS quitting?

Some of these stories are old enough to establish - they were either very badly sourced or made up out of whole cloth.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
David_Leisure_Joe_Isuzu_Resized.jpg

:yawn:

SamSpade

wow..helluva of a list there sweetheart...did you read it or just post it??

Couple of thoughts:

1. (And this is for Littlelady too)...they aren't "lies" if a correction is issued.

That is about the lowest bar I've ever seen for a lie. Does that mean I can call you a pedophile, and it's not a lie until I retract it?

SamSpade

I've always thought of a retraction as a kind of apology. We're sorry, we wrote something that was wrong.

We said it was on Saturday and oops it was on Friday. THAT kind of thing.

While the article calls them mistakes - they're really shoddy stuff. And I know some of those stories are still floating out there as presumed truth,
because these guys do either extremely shoddy journalism or they're printing stuff they hope will be believed before the truth comes out -
which normally is what I call a lie, if my kids were to do that.

So - which is it? Extremely bad work - or willful fabrication?

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
“16. An article bylined by the New York Times’ graphic editors Karen Yourish and Troy Griggs referred to Trump’s daughter, Ivanka, as Trump’s wife. “

Quite a list you got there

Yes, this was wholly inappropriate when the #Resist was accusing Trump of espousing incest with Ivanka. The "mistake" was not really a mistake, was it?

Hijinx

If people keep making mistakes in real jobs they are fired.
If these so-called journalists make a mistake they are patted on the back and sent out to do more damage.

This_person

That is about the lowest bar I've ever seen for a lie. Does that mean I can call you a pedophile, and it's not a lie until I retract it?

No, TranSap is saying it was not a lie in the first place because they later retracted it. So, if you call TranSap a pedophile and that you have proof, and you take ads out in all the papers and get everyone talking about it 24/7, then a week later issue a footnote to another lie that you were wrong (your proof wasn't perfect), then you retracted the initial lie so it's not a lie anymore.

Midnightrider

Sooooo - she IS quitting?

Some of these stories are old enough to establish - they were either very badly sourced or made up out of whole cloth.

i beleive the "story" was that she was planning on leaving before the end of the year. We will have to see. :yay:

there have been plenty of her lies that have been exposed as well. I mean who can forget her "he didn't dictate" the false statement about the trump tower meeting.......

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

That seems to be the media trying to force an outcome. If they say it enough times it "could" be true, the truth notwithstanding.