Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The media lies we've been fed

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Again...none of this changes MY ENDLESSLY CITED OPINION that Trump is unfit for office...
    As you like to say - irrelevant. Because we're talking about THE PRESS, and not Trump's administration.
    ďIt is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds." Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Does that mean I can call you a pedophile, and it's not a lie until I retract it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I've always thought of a retraction as a kind of apology. We're sorry, we wrote something that was wrong.

We said it was on Saturday and oops it was on Friday. THAT kind of thing.

While the article calls them mistakes - they're really shoddy stuff. And I know some of those stories are still floating out there as presumed truth,
    because these guys do either extremely shoddy journalism or they're printing stuff they hope will be believed before the truth comes out -
    which normally is what I call a lie, if my kids were to do that.

So - which is it? Extremely bad work - or willful fabrication?
    ďIt is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds." Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by truby20 View Post
    ď16. An article bylined by the New York Timesí graphic editors Karen Yourish and Troy Griggs referred to Trumpís daughter, Ivanka, as Trumpís wife. ď

Quite a list you got there 😂
    Yes, this was wholly inappropriate when the #Resist was accusing Trump of espousing incest with Ivanka. The "mistake" was not really a mistake, was it?
    Saying we are a country of "Immigrants" is an insult to our ancestors.

If people keep making mistakes in real jobs they are fired.
    If these so-called journalists make a mistake they are patted on the back and sent out to do more damage.

That is about the lowest bar I've ever seen for a lie. Does that mean I can call you a pedophile, and it's not a lie until I retract it?
    No, TranSap is saying it was not a lie in the first place because they later retracted it. So, if you call TranSap a pedophile and that you have proof, and you take ads out in all the papers and get everyone talking about it 24/7, then a week later issue a footnote to another lie that you were wrong (your proof wasn't perfect), then you retracted the initial lie so it's not a lie anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    I'm sure Trump will be charged with more crimes before Hillary.

Please pin this for future reference

Pinned, as requested.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    they aren't "lies" if a correction is issued.
    Um, no bebe, they are still lies. Especially when the lie is blasted all over the front page headlines and the retraction is buried in the middle in small print.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Sooooo - she IS quitting?

Some of these stories are old enough to establish - they were either very badly sourced or made up out of whole cloth.
    i beleive the "story" was that she was planning on leaving before the end of the year. We will have to see.

there have been plenty of her lies that have been exposed as well. I mean who can forget her "he didn't dictate" the false statement about the trump tower meeting.......
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How about the one this past week - posted on CBS, USA Today etc all saying Sarah Huckabee Sanders was quitting?
    And when asked, she said neither she nor the other person involved have any intention on leaving - maybe they could have asked HER.
    That seems to be the media trying to force an outcome. If they say it enough times it "could" be true, the truth notwithstanding.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Members who have read this thread: 51