Musk: We Have A Saboteur

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I was dismayed to learn this weekend about a Tesla employee who had conducted quite extensive and damaging sabotage to our operations. This included making direct code changes to the Tesla Manufacturing Operating System under false usernames and exporting large amounts of highly sensitive Tesla data to unknown third parties.

The full extent of his actions are not yet clear, but what he has admitted to so far is pretty bad. His stated motivation is that he wanted a promotion that he did not receive. In light of these actions, not promoting him was definitely the right move.

However, there may be considerably more to this situation than meets the eye, so the investigation will continue in depth this week. We need to figure out if he was acting alone or with others at Tesla and if he was working with any outside organizations.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/18/elo...onducted-extensive-and-damaging-sabotage.html

I'll Take Chinese Spy's for $400 Alex

glhs837

Power with Control
Hard to say, there are lots of parties heavily invested in Tesla failing now that he's brought street level cred to electric vehicles. Lots of whom would love to have his tech. Some of whom are partially owned by the UAW, which has it's own ax to grind.

Carmakers
UAW
Chinese
Stock shorters who are looking at a 12 billion dollar loss.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Hard to say, there are lots of parties heavily invested in Tesla failing now that he's brought street level cred to electric vehicles. Lots of whom would love to have his tech. Some of whom are partially owned by the UAW, which has it's own ax to grind.

Carmakers
UAW
Chinese
Stock shorters who are looking at a 12 billion dollar loss.

yeah the email apparently says it was a disgruntled employee ... but where did the stolen data go then ?

I'd be down with China or Russia ... but frankly it could be someone in the EU

glhs837

Power with Control
yeah the email apparently says it was a disgruntled employee ... but where did the stolen data go then ?

I'd be down with China or Russia ... but frankly it could be someone in the EU

Like most "insider threat" stuff, the disgurntled employee is usually recruited by an outside agency (they look for them, haunt bars near the factory/facility, these days social media accounts, etc.) who them puts the employye up to stuff to "show them" and get rewarded to boot. Offers of emloyment or straight cash, whatever. As I said, I certainbly wouldnt restrict my suspect set to governments. There was a recent teardown by a Detroit company who tears things down and sells the analysis where the owner of the company called out Teslas electronics as being far outside the norm for the auto industry. He was amazed at the fact that he was seeing basically MIL-SPEC stuff on the boards. He also called out the batteries themselves and the fact that the batteries were more closely matched than anything they have ever seen, said he couldn't even imagine how they did that.

So I wouldnt rule out industrial sources either.