Mass hysteria

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's fascinating to watch, although I admit I want to smack every one of them in the mouth and tell them to snap out of it.

This is the power of the media. People on the TV, that they don't even know, have told them to be absolutely incensed and hysterical with grief, so they are. Intellectually they know that children don't go to jail with their parents. They also know that children of people sent to jail are taken in by fosters or put in a group home environment.

This is aside from the fact that they indeed know that many of those crying children are sobbing for their parent that's back in Mexico or Central America, not the smuggler who was detained for entering the US illegally. They have been told repeatedly that first time illegal entry is a misdemeanor and all that happens is that the person is sent back to their country; they have also been told repeatedly that subsequent offenses are a felony and punished by jail time.

Intellectually, they know all these things; and yet when the strangers on TV tell them to keen and wail and lose their mind, that's exactly what they do. When someone they actually know tries to tell them the facts (with proof), they reject it out of hand and run back to the strangers on TV for comfort.

It's scary how emotion-based and easily led a large portion of our populace is, to the point that they are tunnel-visioned and glassy eyed in their rage, and won't even entertain the notion that they may be consuming erroneous or incomplete information.

The power of the media to lead the sheeple. Amazing.

MiddleGround

A lot of people choose to ignore their better judgement and just go along with it for fear of being rejected by the masses or the powers that be. They do not want to be that "individual" and instead, seek comfort in the hive mentality.

Sapidus

It's fascinating to watch, although I admit I want to smack every one of them in the mouth and tell them to snap out of it.

This is the power of the media. People on the TV, that they don't even know, have told them to be absolutely incensed and hysterical with grief, so they are. Intellectually they know that children don't go to jail with their parents. They also know that children of people sent to jail are taken in by fosters or put in a group home environment.

This is aside from the fact that they indeed know that many of those crying children are sobbing for their parent that's back in Mexico or Central America, not the smuggler who was detained for entering the US illegally. They have been told repeatedly that first time illegal entry is a misdemeanor and all that happens is that the person is sent back to their country; they have also been told repeatedly that subsequent offenses are a felony and punished by jail time.

Intellectually, they know all these things; and yet when the strangers on TV tell them to keen and wail and lose their mind, that's exactly what they do. When someone they actually know tries to tell them the facts (with proof), they reject it out of hand and run back to the strangers on TV for comfort.

It's scary how emotion-based and easily led a large portion of our populace is, to the point that they are tunnel-visioned and glassy eyed in their rage, and won't even entertain the notion that they may be consuming erroneous or incomplete information.

The power of the media to lead the sheeple. Amazing.

You forgot to mention the asylum seekers who have done nothing wrong and not broken any laws.

You also failed to realize you are the brainwashed one believing the lies about all the smugglers bring in unrelated children. I know its easier for you to rationalize that if they are breaking the law or lying about something its easier to treat them as less than human. Why do you always worry about the one bad apple who might sneak in versus the actual people escaping violence who need help? Thats just you rationalizing why its okay to ignore human suffering.

No one has to tell me to feel empathy for a person trying to keep their child and themselves safe from rape and murder by seeking asylum but if you need someone to make you empathetic thats on you.

gemma_rae

You'll never win a debate with facts if your opposition refuses to argue with anything but emotion.

luvmygdaughters

I cannot believe the hysteria and hype the masses believe, however, because it is an anti Trump media, thats all they show. Everyone I have talked to, in person and on facebook, agree with what Trump is doing. But you never hear them being interviewed by mainstream media.

Sapidus

I cannot believe the hysteria and hype the masses believe, however, because it is an anti Trump media, thats all they show. Everyone I have talked to, in person and on facebook, agree with what Trump is doing. But you never hear them being interviewed by mainstream media.

Well you must know a lot of garbage people who agree with caging and numbering children as young as 2 or in some cases having downs syndrome.

Imagine you were being raped and or threatened with death in your country and sought asylum in Canada and your "daughters" you "luv" were put in cages and made to sleep on the floor of a detention center with a silver foil blanket..

Who are you talking to that says this is reasonable?

And why now do we need to do it as opposed to 5 years ago?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

The whole lot of them are psychologically unbalanced and need to be committed and medicated.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You forgot to mention the asylum seekers who have done nothing wrong and not broken any laws.

You also failed to realize you are the brainwashed one believing the lies about all the smugglers bring in unrelated children. I know its easier for you to rationalize that if they are breaking the law or lying about something its easier to treat them as less than human. Why do you always worry about the one bad apple who might sneak in versus the actual people escaping violence who need help? Thats just you rationalizing why its okay to ignore human suffering.

No one has to tell me to feel empathy for a person trying to keep their child and themselves safe from rape and murder by seeking asylum but if you need someone to make you empathetic thats on you.

How long did it take you to memorize all those talking points?

You forgot, however, to call Trump "Hitler" and insist that these kids are being held in concentration camps. You came close, with the "numbering" comment, but you have to really drive that home.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Imagine you were being raped and or threatened with death in your country and sought asylum in Canada and your "daughters" you "luv" were put in cages and made to sleep on the floor of a detention center with a silver foil blanket..

You need to reread your very own statement there over and over again until common sense sinks in.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
How long did it take you to memorize all those talking points?

You forgot, however, to call Trump "Hitler" and insist that these kids are being held in concentration camps. You came close, with the "numbering" comment, but you have to really drive that home.
:yay:

:lmao:

MiddleGround

So, it is your contention that this gives them the right to break the law? Can you say the same for a US citizen OR does that only apply to illegal immigrants? Does being raped give someone permission to rob a bank? Does being threatened with death give you permission to light a CVS on fire?

gemma_rae

Well you must know a lot of garbage people who agree with caging and numbering children as young as 2 or in some cases having downs syndrome.

Dude, call them before it's too late.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Call 1-800-273-8255
Available 24 hours everyday

Hijinx

You know what stops luvmy daughters from being raped by cops Govt. Officials or Cartel criminals?
You know why she doesn't have to seek asylum because she is threatened?

Because she lives in the United States of America and we have Constitutional rights, one of which is the 2nd. Amendment.

That is why these liberals who are pushing against the 2nd. Amendment want to take our guns.
So they can live in countries where savages and criminals can turn us into a third world sh1thole.

Sapidus

So, it is your contention that this gives them the right to break the law? Can you say the same for a US citizen OR does that only apply to illegal immigrants? Does being raped give someone permission to rob a bank? Does being threatened with death give you permission to light a CVS on fire?

Asylum seekers aren't breaking the law.

Because someone tries to enter the country illegally their children should be caged? Does that make more sense to you than a person who was raped robbing a bank?

If that is the case why only now is this policy going into place? When attempted crossings are at historic lows?

Sapidus

You know what stops luvmy daughters from being raped by cops Govt. Officials or Cartel criminals?
You know why she doesn't have to seek asylum because she is threatened?

Because she lives in the United States of America and we have Constitutional rights, one of which is the 2nd. Amendment.

That is why these liberals who are pushing against the 2nd. Amendment want to take our guns.
So they can live in countries where savages and criminals can turn us into a third world sh1thole.

And yet you idiots don't call this out as a hysterical tangent?

You guys are all deserving of each other