Calvert Dog Attack / Woman Critical

steppinthrax

How much you want to bet this is a Pit bull

If that happened to my wife or kids I would spend the next several years of my life ####ing the dog owner in court with every single legal instrument available to me.

Hank

my war

If that happened to my wife or kids I would spend the next several years of my life ####ing the dog owner in court with every single legal instrument available to me.

Sounds like it was a family dog that turned on their owners.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R

I looked them up. They are also known as Argentinian Mastiff. Mastiff is not in the pit bull family.

black dog

Free America
I looked them up. They are also known as Argentinian Mastiff. Mastiff is not in the pit bull family.

But they carry some genetics from a few bully breeds I do believe.

With his dog-fighting ancestry, dog aggression can be a problem. The Dogo Argentino should be thoroughly socialized with other dogs from an early age. He should not be kept with another dog of the same sex. With his strong prey drive, Argentine Dogos should not be kept with cats, either, unless raised with them.

I wouldn't own one.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Yeah, i wouldn't either. I'm not delusional thinking I can control something even with proper training. We'll probably never know this dogs history, I doubt the boyfriend would admit to not socializing it correctly. Sad situation all the way around.

black dog

Free America
Yeah, i wouldn't either. I'm not delusional thinking I can control something even with proper training. We'll probably never know this dogs history, I doubt the boyfriend would admit to not socializing it correctly. Sad situation all the way around.

I agree, I own a Chesapeake Bay Retriever, and they can be hardheaded in a crowd.
But he is well aware of who the alpha is, lots of time when he was a pup.

But if I ever saw my dog be aggressive in any manner, that he wasn't told to be towards another, he would be forever sleeping shortly.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I agree, I own a Chesapeake Bay Retriever, and they can be hardheaded in a crowd.
But he is well aware of who the alpha is, lots of time when he was a pup.

But if I ever saw my dog be aggressive in any manner, that he wasn't told to be towards another, he would be forever sleeping shortly.

Beautiful dogs! I have a Mastiff and man she's hard headed sometimes too. Takes a while to warm up to strangers. Sometimes she'll completely ignore you or look around like you're talking to someone else with the same name, lol. She's a big lazy pot-licker though.

black dog

Free America
I just looked in on mine, it's in the upper 80's, monsooning rain. And he is laying on the concrete rolling around in the water.. driving down the road he will spin in circles in the back seat of my pickup when he smells the river down the road from home.
At the farm I had to put a ramp in and out of the water stock tank because he cools off 50 times a day when we are there.
If he sees me or my son get a shotgun out he just looses his ####ing mind waiting to go to work.. it's pretty funny..

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I just looked in on mine, it's in the upper 80's, monsooning rain. And he is laying on the concrete rolling around in the water.. driving down the road he will spin in circles in the back seat of my pickup when he smells the river down the road from home.
At the farm I had to put a ramp in and out of the water stock tank because he cools off 50 times a day when we are there.
If he sees me or my son get a shotgun out he just looses his ####ing mind waiting to go to work.. it's pretty funny..

Lol. We had a Lab that wasn't trained for retrieving but hubby took him duck hunting once. He went nuts trying to bite the butt of the shotgun whenever they went to shoot. Then Boomer (the lab) actually went out to retrieve a couple of ducks they had shot! Of course he then preceded to retrieve the decoys too, lol.

black dog

Free America
Lol. We had a Lab that wasn't trained for retrieving but hubby took him duck hunting once. He went nuts trying to bite the butt of the shotgun whenever they went to shoot. Then Boomer (the lab) actually went out to retrieve a couple of ducks they had shot! Of course he then preceded to retrieve the decoys too, lol.

LOL... My last lab was 9 when she just stopped retrieving ducks & geese, she blasted out of a blind just onshore in Trent Hall and hit the ice at the Waters edge and just sat down. She gave me that look like, Daddy that water is really ####ing cold.....
I put her in the truck and that was the last time she hunted.. I got ribbed about it for a few years by my friends..
I can't imagine life without my kid and a good working dog.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Woman who was attacked by dog dies

Update: 7:45 p.m.- Press Release by Maryland State Police

The Maryland State Police has notified TheBayNet.com that Washington Hospital Center contacted them to advise them the victim from the dog attack this morning succumbed to her injuries at 5:05 this evening.

Update: 12:20 P.M.- Press Release by Maryland State Police

HUNTINGTOWN, MD – A large dog that had reportedly attacked a woman outside of her home was fatally wounded by responding police after it charged a trooper this morning in Calvert County.

The victim is identified as Jenna Rae Sutphin, 28, of the unit block of Cherry Hill Road in Huntingtown, Maryland. She was transported from the scene to Calvert Memorial Health Center by ambulance and later transferred by air to Washington Medstar Hospital Center where she is currently undergoing medical treatment for injuries sustained in the incident.

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0618/calvert-woman-attacked-by-dog.html?platform=hootsuite

How very sad. RIP Jenna Rae Sutphin.

Lilypad

dogo.jpg