Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Internet Sales Tax

Quote Originally Posted by JustACitizen View Post
    Perhaps if folks paid the tax due to local states as you’re required to do on “tax free” purchases, you wouldn’t have the government having to step in and fix the problem.

I know you people are law & order types and constantly whine that “we are a nation of laws and not of men.” Why have you been shirking your patriotic duty to pay sales taxes?
    Everything we order comes from Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    You have a psychiatric disorder. Get help.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Ahhhhhh.. just a small update on Peachtree...

This will put the smaller online retailers out of business or force them through someone like Amazon when they can't afford to update software to accommodate every tax location, rate and category in the country.

Alternately they could also limit the localities they will do business.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

This will put the smaller online retailers out of business or force them through someone like Amazon when they can't afford to update software to accommodate every tax location, rate and category in the country.

Makes me glad I wholesale just about everything I make..
    Anything that I ship out of country I do a" buy it now " on eBay and eBay takes care of paperwork, import duty and shipping costs, they bill the customer for those services.
    I just ship to either Delaware or Kentucky to a hub and eBay takes over with the customer. It works well for what little I ship out of country.

I don't expect you to bother (much less understand even if you made an attempt), so I'm sure I'll not hear from you again.
    well you are a right ####
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    the screen names change....the underlying character..not so much. ;-)
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

All software I’m familiar with has tax information for all states already built-in. A software vendor might sell their software to a company in any state in the Union. Why would any developer of this type of software have x different versions to accommodate various scenarios? They wouldn’t. You make one version and have a simple lookup table that makes a determination if tax collection is required or not.

The only thing that changes is the requirement to collect. Tax is computed automatically at checkout.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    Didn’t think so.

I operate my company as non-exempt simply to avoid the hassles of dealing with sales tax collection and reporting. I've owned businesses that had no choice in the matter too..what a PITA that was. And now I'd have to collect and repatriate taxes to every other sales taxing state in the union??? Eff that.
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    I operate my company as non-exempt simply to avoid the hassles of dealing with sales tax collection and reporting. I've owned businesses that had no choice in the matter too..what a PITA that was. And now I'd have to collect and repatriate taxes to every other sales taxing state in the union??? Eff that.
    Yep, I don't believe my Peachtree has sales tax for each state, well I've never seen it anyway. Maybe through POS software?
    Don't know I'm just a welder.
    I've gotten emails from eBay about this just today.

If I may ...

Perhaps if folks paid the tax due to local states as you’re required to do on “tax free” purchases, you wouldn’t have the government having to step in and fix the problem.
    I know you people are law & order types and constantly whine that “we are a nation of laws and not of men.” Why have you been shirking your patriotic duty to pay sales taxes?
    Perhaps. Perhaps. Perhaps. Perhaps you could stick your index finger up your rectum full length deep, then place it in your mouth, and give your finger a little taste, and let us know if it tastes like chocolate caramel pudding?
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Members who have read this thread: 50