Harley parts question

BOP

It's been ages since I built and rode motorcycles, including Harleys. I don't recognize most of the companies out there anymore. S&S is still around, but that's about it. I think it's more difficult looking for things like tin than it used to be.

Is the FXDL the same as a super glide? Any good sources for tanks and fenders?

black dog

Free America
It's been ages since I built and rode motorcycles, including Harleys. I don't recognize most of the companies out there anymore. S&S is still around, but that's about it. I think it's more difficult looking for things like tin than it used to be.

Is the FXDL the same as a super glide? Any good sources for tanks and fenders?

I'm a shovel head guy, I believe the FXDL is the dyna glide, FXS is the Low Rider and just the FX was the super glide.
Lots of after market tanks and fenders out there, Google is your friend.
You also could look at older dealerships and see what you can find. eBay, Craigslist and so on.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yep, Dyna Lowrider .. we have a 2006 FXDB. Buy one of the big twin magazines off the rack and it'll be filled with vendor choices. There are an incredible number of them these days. Get one o Harley's own catalogs too.

BOP

I'll try that, G. Google isn't really my friend. Everything that comes up is either J&P, which I've never heard of, or all the other vendors point to e-bay. It's beyond frustrating. Seems like I had an easier time when there were catalogues, aftermarket retailers, and salvage yards.

BOP

Thanks. Remember that thing a while back where google selects what kind of content you can see based on the information they have on you? I think that's happening to me because I don't get the same results I've literally watched other people get.

Chris0nllyn

Selling a 95 Road King if you're interested.

Cam installed, hard saddle bags, rear light from a newer RK, all new brakes, low miles, Rinehart exhaust, just had it serviced.

BOP

Selling a 95 Road King if you're interested.

Cam installed, hard saddle bags, rear light from a newer RK, all new brakes, low miles, Rinehart exhaust, just had it serviced.

Just bought a 2004 FXDL, but thanks. Got it for a hair under $7K, with lots of extra stuff bolted on. About 9K miles on it.