Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Broomes Island Stoney's

Registered User luvmygdaughters's Avatar
    Daughters and I met there for lunch about a year ago. Food was lousy, service sucked. Great location, but, the prices for lousy food and service isnt worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Last time we went, I loved my rockfish bites. Wife was less happy with her crabcake. and the service was off. Coworker who used to be a regular there has stopped going, she's been so unhappy with the service and quality has dropped off.
    I do like those!

Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    Daughters and I met there for lunch about a year ago. Food was lousy, service sucked. Great location, but, the prices for lousy food and service isnt worth it.
    It's a bummer, because it is close to home for us. I used to go there all the time when Nick & Rusty ran it, prior to opening the Lighthouse. It's such an expected disappointment anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

No great loss. Terrible food and service.

Quote Originally Posted by JustACitizen View Post
    ^This

Place hasn't been any good for the past 10+ years...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustACitizen View Post
    I was thinking about what it used to be. Amazing food, terrific service, excellent location. It's definitely gone downhill over the last few years.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    I was thinking about what it used to be. Amazing food, terrific service, excellent location. It's definitely gone downhill over the last few years.
    Back in 1995, I was going to approach the owner of Stoney's to see if he was interested in leasing/operating the restaurant I'd just bought in Piney Point. Because their reputation was really something back then and I wanted somebody good. Ended up leasing it to the two guys that ran House of Ribs in Charlotte Hall instead...and that arrangement never really went anywhere before Hurricane Fran squashed all of our plans in fall of '96.

Sad to hear they've lost their edge...but you see it happen everywhere eventually.
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    I heard about this yesterday. Bummer. Also, as an FYI, Kingfishers hasn't been affiliated with Stoney's for at least a year or more.
    That may be so. They leased the building to their chef and he took over the business. But the Stoney's still own the building, well, at least until the foreclose date anyway.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

That may be so. They leased the building to their chef and he took over the business. But the Stoney's still own the building, well, at least until the foreclose date anyway.
    They refused to honor a Stoney's gift certificate.
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    They refused to honor a Stoney's gift certificate.
    You are correct. Totally different owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    You are correct. Totally different owners.
    At the time, I didn't know that. I was schooled that evening. Good thing I had money to pay for my dinner.

Members who have read this thread: 129