Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Broomes Island Stoney's

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    Good thing I had money to pay for my dinner.
    Ha! Yeah, that would have been awkward...

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Ha! Yeah, that would have been awkward...
    I don't like doing the dishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bann View Post
    We used to go to the Broome's Island Stoney's location quite a bit and liked it very much. 'Til one time we were there and we watched one of the staff walking pretty fast from one of the out buildings over to the kitchen...with boxed, frozen breaded shrimp. It lost a lot of it's luster for FH and we stopped going as a choice, unless it was a group of friends or family going.
    That's what they all serve. No one is back in the kitchen breading shrimp. (I'm not being a smart a$$).

Quote Originally Posted by mitzi View Post
    That's what they all serve. No one is back in the kitchen breading shrimp. (I'm not being a smart a$$).
    It's not like they're a Red Lobster - they're a seafood restauant on the water. He thinks their seafood should be fresh made and not pre-packaged, so that wasn't acceptable for him
    Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    That makes him a hoot and 3/4!

It's not like they're a Red Lobster - they're a seafood restauant on the water. He thinks their seafood should be fresh made and not pre-packaged, so that wasn't acceptable for him

I dont expect some things to be fresh at a local place. Shrimp and tilapia on that list. Rockfish, oysters, yep.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    I dont expect some things to be fresh at a local place. Shrimp and tilapia on that list. Rockfish, oysters, yep.
    I don't eat a lot of fish or shrimp, but when I do get those I only order fresh made seafood, not pre-made (processed) and frozen. The point is - he felt that, along with all the other things which were listed in other posts, were reasons to stop giving them our business. They've gone way downhill from what they used to be.

We just ask ahead of time, now.

LOL Most people do think that but I've worked in 3 local places and it's frozen shrimp (unless it's streamed). Some think the crabs are picked in the back room for crab cakes too.

LOL Most people do think that but I've worked in 3 local places and it's frozen shrimp (unless it's streamed). Some think the crabs are picked in the back room for crab cakes too.
    I've never had streamed shrimp. Is there an app or something I need on my phone to get that?
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    I've never had streamed shrimp. Is there an app or something I need on my phone to get that?

Even Jerry's doesn't use Maryland crabs for his crabcakes, from what I've read about his restaurant. However, I believe they're fresh made and not frozen pre-made/processed.

When I eat out, I don't want something I can make at home. I wouldn't want to pay for frozen and pre-made breaded shrimp. I've developed a slight reaction to shrimp in the past few years, (puffy eyes) and I've been leery to eat them. So, when I do I definitely want fresh and not frozen. Same with fish when I have a taste for fried fish and chips. I ask about it being fresh.

Members who have read this thread: 129