Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Broomes Island Stoney's

Broomes Island Stoney's

From the Calvert Recorder:
    Mortgage foreclosure sale of this property on 6/29 at the Calvert County courthouse.

Blog Entries
    Oh no!! How did that happen???
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Oh no!! How did that happen???
    Over expansion. I don't believe their wedding venue worked out as planned.

Now, I have the feeling that it will be redeemed prior to the auction.
    I liked Calvert County better when there were only two stoplights.

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by softtouch View Post
    From the Calvert Recorder:
    Mortgage foreclosure sale of this property on 6/29 at the Calvert County courthouse.
    Not just that one. Also her flagship, Stoney's Kingfishers on da island man. Seems to owe north of $2,900,000. Seems she's in quite a pickle, now don't it?
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

It's Trumps fault!!!! Just saving Tranny, Sappy, et al some time. Sad though. I have to believe that had they stayed with what was working things would be different. Stoney's Broome's Island was a destination but the expansion restaurants were just a restaurant and not the places locals were going to flock to. I remember taking the boat from Tongue Cove to Stoney's and having a great meal and tons of fun. It was faster by boat than driving and a much more enjoyable trip. We would just putt home enjoying the night on the river.
    Being a left-handed conservative is tough. When somebody calls me a lefty I want to punch them.

I heard about this yesterday. Bummer. Also, as an FYI, Kingfishers hasn't been affiliated with Stoney's for at least a year or more.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

We used to go to the Broome's Island Stoney's location quite a bit and liked it very much. 'Til one time we were there and we watched one of the staff walking pretty fast from one of the out buildings over to the kitchen...with boxed, frozen breaded shrimp. It lost a lot of it's luster for FH and we stopped going as a choice, unless it was a group of friends or family going.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    That makes him a hoot and 3/4!

Considering one of the owners is being investigated for arson; and has not made a lot of friends because of allegations of being in the Sheriff's pocket, they may have lost some clientele because of that.
    Just rumors, I know, but there are a few people out there that don't appreciate pushy people that break the rules to get their own way.
    "It's nice to be important but it's also important to be nice."

Quote Originally Posted by frequentflier View Post
    Considering one of the owners is being investigated for arson; and has not made a lot of friends because of allegations of being in the Sheriff's pocket, they may have lost some clientele because of that.
    Just rumors, I know, but there are a few people out there that don't appreciate pushy people that break the rules to get their own way.
    I thought that was put to rest and it was found to be "accidental". Either way, their restaurants have really gone downhill. We went to Clarkes Landing a week or so ago and again, it was meh. We had to ask ourselves why we even bother go there anymore, other than the view.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    I thought that was put to rest and it was found to be "accidental". Either way, their restaurants have really gone downhill. We went to Clarkes Landing a week or so ago and again, it was meh. We had to ask ourselves why we even bother go there anymore, other than the view.
    Last time we went, I loved my rockfish bites. Wife was less happy with her crabcake. and the service was off. Coworker who used to be a regular there has stopped going, she's been so unhappy with the service and quality has dropped off.
    "I am capable of much unpleasantness."

Members who have read this thread: 129