Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Broomes Island Stoney's

Did the mortgage sale happen ?

Quote Originally Posted by softtouch View Post
    From the Calvert Recorder:
    Mortgage foreclosure sale of this property on 6/29 at the Calvert County courthouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by officeguy View Post
    Did the mortgage sale happen ?
    NO IT DID NOT GO TO FORECLOSURE!!!
    I am friends with the owner and she was in the middle of refinancing and the 'old' bank didn't like her going to a different bank so they 'called' the loan while she was in process with the new one!!!

and may I suggest that instead of bashing her or her business(s) you talk to her about issues you may encounter at any of her locations instead of here. Jeannie will make things right, you just have to bring it to her attention!!!

'NORTHERN BORN-SOUTHERN BRED'

"Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver, the other gold."

It takes a friend to be a friend.

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    NO IT DID NOT GO TO FORECLOSURE!!! I am friends with the owner and she was in the middle of refinancing and the 'old' bank didn't like her going to a different bank so they 'called' the loan while she was in process with the new one!!! and may I suggest that instead of bashing her or her business(s) you talk to her about issues you may encounter at any of her locations instead of here. Jeannie will make things right, you just have to bring it to her attention!!!
    Uh huh. Sure. So she just stopped making her regular payments during a refinance? A bank isn't going to waste money and "call" a loan unless there is good reason. Not paying on time, as in this case, is good reason. Funny how in the legal notice it said as the reason, "default having occurred". That means payments were stopped or were late.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Blog Entries
    I am friends with the owner and she was in the middle of refinancing and the 'old' bank didn't like her going to a different bank so they 'called' the loan while she was in process with the new one!!!

and may I suggest that instead of bashing her or her business(s) you talk to her about issues you may encounter at any of her locations instead of here. Jeannie will make things right, you just have to bring it to her attention!!!
    I didn't bash the owner or the business. I just stated our experience at Stoney's Broomes Island and stated what we did about it. There was a tread about it, which is why I shared our experiences. We have given our critique on many restaurants and businesses here, and I suspect we will continue to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    That makes him a hoot and 3/4!

Whatever. The food sucks....

Registered User luvmygdaughters's Avatar
    I'm sure she has had complaints, my daughters and I complained and nothing was done. I believe someone else here complained and nothing was done at that time.

I heard there are Visa Gift cards that can not be used for dining out etc!!!
    JUSTME2

Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

Not just that one. Also her flagship, Stoney's Kingfishers on da island man. Seems to owe north of $2,900,000. Seems she's in quite a pickle, now don't it?
    Yeah, just raise the price of the crab cake again. It should just about cover it.

Registered User acommondisaster's Avatar
    I've only been twice, when we were hunting for a wedding venue. Such a pretty setting, we were enchanted from the start. Ate there and we were kind of "meh", but knew out of town guests would be wowed (think NYC/NJ types who think Red Lobster is the bomb). Second visit was to talk wedding; my daughter-in-law felt less than special - and if they couldn't get enthusiastic about hosting her wedding, she felt they probably would be hard to work with and she would be disappointed. My DIL is a realist, not a princess - I understood what she meant. Nice venue, but not for us. Hope changes are in the works as it would be sad to see a privately owned place like this go under. I just hate chain restaurants.
    Chaos breathes life into routine.

That's what I would tell my friends too. Oh wait, I wouldn't tell that story to my friends because it doesn't make sense. 'Servicing risk' (the risk of someone paying off early) is just a part of the business model and calling a loan that is being paid according to terms would be of no benefit to the bank or servicer.

Members who have read this thread: 129