NOW we make "asks"????

transporter

U.S. to give North Korea post-summit timeline with 'asks' soon: official

The official, who spoke to a small group of reporters ahead of a trip to Asia this week by Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, did not specify details but suggested that the timeline would be rapid enough to make clear Pyongyang’s level of commitment.

“We’ll know pretty soon if they’re going to operate in good faith or not,” the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

“There will be specific asks and there will be a specific timeline when we present the North Koreans with our concept of what implementation of the summit agreement looks like.”

Trump has drawn some criticism from national security analysts for an agreement that emerged from his June 12 summit with Kim that had few details on how Pyongyang would surrender its nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles.

So what does this tell us?

It pretty much confirms how incompetent of a negotiator our President is. There was no thought process prior to accepting the meeting with Un; Trump just agreed to meet with a dictator that no other world leader will meet with (thereby granting Un international status and giving him massive propaganda material to use). There were no discussions prior to meeting with Un as was evidenced by Trumps obvious lack of preparation. The President gave up our military readiness and got nothing in return...NOW(??) he is asking Un (who has never followed thru on an agreement before) to do something...

This_person

What does this tell us? It tells us our government is following through. We have been remiss in follow-through for some time, and now they are actually doing it.

Hijinx

It pretty much confirms how incompetent of a negotiator our President is. There was no thought process prior to accepting the meeting with Un; Trump just agreed to meet with a dictator that no other world leader will meet with (thereby granting Un international status and giving him massive propaganda material to use). There were no discussions prior to meeting with Un as was evidenced by Trumps obvious lack of preparation. The President gave up our military readiness and got nothing in return...NOW(??) he is asking Un (who has never followed thru on an agreement before) to do something...

You are pathetic.

SamSpade

What does this tell us? It tells us our government is following through. We have been remiss in follow-through for some time, and now they are actually doing it.

Yup - as opposed to the past when we made no "asks" and just shrugged when they broke their agreements.

Hijinx

Yup - as opposed to the past when we made no "asks" and just shrugged when they broke their agreements.

When you compare this with the way that John Kerry and Obamalamadingdong handled the Iranian situation it makes Trump look brilliant.
I don't understand why even Tranny who is so eaten up with TDS that she is mentally crippled cannot see that.

Is she really Maxine Waters? Is Maxine on SOMD forums?

SamSpade

When you compare this with the way that John Kerry and Obamalamadingdong handled the Iranian situation it makes Trump look brilliant.
I don't understand why even Tranny who is so eaten up with TDS that she is mentally crippled cannot see that.

Is she really Maxine Waters? Is Maxine on SOMD forums?

You know - I am becoming increasingly optimistic about North Korea.
And I'm notorious for my cynicism about such things.
They just cancelled their annual anti-U.S. rally and have been removing anti-American propaganda from their shelves.
This in addition to the airing of that commercial which admittedly seemed a bit fairy-tale over the top.

I still have a lot of doubt but every day it seems they're making changes that will be hard to turn BACK from.

warneckutz

I like to whine...

can-i-ax-you-a-question.jpg

PsyOps

Pixelated
It pretty much confirms how incompetent of a negotiator our President is.

I'm still failing to understand why you haven't been pulled in to fix all of these things. Instead, you post your inanity in this forum. With your superior intellect, this forum should be a huge waste of your time, where it could be better utilized solving the world's problems.

Rommey

transporter said:
Trump just agreed to meet with a dictator that no other world leader will meet with...
I'm sure Xi Jinping would be surprised to know he's not a world leader...

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

It's not Un, it's Kim. Korean surnames are on the front end. When you talk about Germany do you say "Angela says we should all play nicely with the Muslims"?