Where in the Constitution is this?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't think it matters who is on the ballot in RI. They're going to vote for whoever is the Democrat. RI hasn't gone for a Republican since Eisenhower.

If they really were serious about making sure politicians don't create laws for personal gain :)lmao: I couldn't even type that with a straight face :lol:) they'd make it across the board. Not only for Republican presidential candidates, but Senate, House, and local government, right on down to Town Councils.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
It's already been ruled that constitutionally, you can't add additional requirements to run for state office - and that would apply also to federal.

Another way Democrats found to waste more taxpayer money.

Rommey

They should have killed two birds with one stone...They should have also required a candidate to submit a certified birth certificate as well...

This_person

They should have killed two birds with one stone...They should have also required a candidate to submit a certified birth certificate as well...

AZ tried that, but to make it worthwhile one must add in a lot of crap, and the R governor at the time said she wouldn't sign such a thing. To a certain degree, I agreed with her concept. However, I'm pretty sure her objections could have been overcome.

The difference, of course, is that place of birth actually is in the Constitution for president:
US Constitution said:
No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.