The left loses its cool

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Few disagree that Democrats are marching, protesting and confronting Republican officials with more intensity during the midterm election than at any time in decades. The progressive fervor recalls conservative opposition to the last president in his first midterm, when Democratic members of Congress were left running from disruptive town halls and ended up being crushed at the polls in November.

"If you see anybody from that Cabinet — in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station — you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere,” implored California Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters at a Saturday rally, prompting an immediate conservative backlash on social media.

[clip]

There’s a lot more of an energized base around progressive voting, just people impacted by this administration’s policies, including Pam Bondi. People are aware and very hyper-cognizant about how it affects the state and how it affects them in their personal lives.”

In talking to POLITICO, Heberlein said he needed to be cautious about his remarks because Bondi is the “top law enforcement officer” in the state and she had called the actions of his group an assault. Earlier, to The Tampa Bay Times, he had more swagger: “If you refuse to meet with us, we're coming to where you're at. We're coming to where you're watching a movie or eating dinner.”

As Republicans complain about the confrontations, Democrats say it’s a simple reaction to the president’s radical policies. It’s little different, they say, than what conservatives did to Democratic lawmakers during President Obama’s first midterm election, when town halls became spectacles of shouting over Obamacare.

The left loses its cool
‘When you’re violent and cursing and screaming and blocking me from walking into a movie, there’s something wrong,’ said one top GOP official.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
It stuns me that people would vote for Mad Maxine. Do they ever listen to her speak?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Few disagree that Democrats are marching, protesting and confronting Republican officials with more intensity during the midterm election than at any time in decades. The progressive fervor recalls conservative opposition to the last president in his first midterm, when Democratic members of Congress were left running from disruptive town halls and ended up being crushed at the polls in November.

"If you see anybody from that Cabinet — in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station — you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere,” implored California Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters at a Saturday rally, prompting an immediate conservative backlash on social media.

[clip]

There’s a lot more of an energized base around progressive voting, just people impacted by this administration’s policies, including Pam Bondi. People are aware and very hyper-cognizant about how it affects the state and how it affects them in their personal lives.”

In talking to POLITICO, Heberlein said he needed to be cautious about his remarks because Bondi is the “top law enforcement officer” in the state and she had called the actions of his group an assault. Earlier, to The Tampa Bay Times, he had more swagger: “If you refuse to meet with us, we're coming to where you're at. We're coming to where you're watching a movie or eating dinner.”

As Republicans complain about the confrontations, Democrats say it’s a simple reaction to the president’s radical policies. It’s little different, they say, than what conservatives did to Democratic lawmakers during President Obama’s first midterm election, when town halls became spectacles of shouting over Obamacare.

The left loses its cool
‘When you’re violent and cursing and screaming and blocking me from walking into a movie, there’s something wrong,’ said one top GOP official.

Remember "I want you to argue with them and get in their face", Max does.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
It stuns me that people would vote for Mad Maxine. Do they ever listen to her speak?

She's 79 years old - this rabble rousing type of speech-a-fying can't be good for her heart. :whistle: She's a screeching, snaggle-tooth, craggly old crone who's the poster child for term limits - but she will probably be like Strom Thurman and hang on well into her 80's. :rolleyes:

Hijinx

She is one of them. Who do you think votes for her.?
Bigots just like herself.
Reservation ghetto dwellers.

The fool thing is she lives in a mansion in another place, but you can take Mad Max out of the ghetto but you cannot take the ghetto out of Mad Max.

gemma_rae

Whatever, Surely.

Put your trust in the Lord, not in my pocketbook.

Psalm 41

1 Blessed are those who have regard for the weak;
the Lord delivers them in times of trouble.

2 The Lord protects and preserves them—
they are counted among the blessed in the land—
he does not give them over to the desire of their foes.

3 The Lord sustains them on their sickbed
and restores them from their bed of illness.

4 I said, “Have mercy on me, Lord;
heal me, for I have sinned against you.”

5 My enemies say of me in malice,
“When will he die and his name perish?”

6 When one of them comes to see me,
he speaks falsely, while his heart gathers slander;
then he goes out and spreads it around.

7 All my enemies whisper together against me;
they imagine the worst for me, saying,

8 “A vile disease has afflicted him;
he will never get up from the place where he lies.”

9 Even my close friend,
someone I trusted,
one who shared my bread,
has turned against me.

10 But may you have mercy on me, Lord;
raise me up, that I may repay them.

11 I know that you are pleased with me,
for my enemy does not triumph over me.

12 Because of my integrity you uphold me
and set me in your presence forever.

13 Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel,
from everlasting to everlasting.
Amen and Amen.

Hijinx

She sounds just like her voters, that's why they like her.
Without much fear of being wrong I believe the people who vote for maxine are the most stupid people on the planet.

Of course I cannot say much for Steny voters either. But Steny has been getting them great entitlements.
maxine hasn't done sheit for her voters.